The Writing Center's goal is to help students become better readers and writers. We offer, in a manner that does not intrude upon the student/teacher relationship, individual and group tutorials. During this, we work on issues ranging from developing a thesis to refining mechanics and documentation style.
The Writing Center is for all Armstrong students. You can come in with any type of writing assignment at any stage of the process. We can help you understand the assignment, plan your paper, help you organize and revise your paper. We can even help you learn to proofread for your most common mistakes.
- Step 1: Make an appointment by calling us at 912.344.3072, emailing us at email@example.com, or stopping by in person at Gamble 123. Appointments are made for 30 minute sessions. Walk-ins are welcome, but if you come in without an appointment, we cannot guarantee that a tutor will be available. Please arrive on time. If you are more than ten minutes late, your appointment may be given to a walk-in.
- Step 2: When you arrive for your appointment, sign in at the front desk.
- Step 3: When you meet with a tutor, bring your assignment and any related materials. Explain to the tutor exactly what you want to work on during the session. You and the tutor will work together on the problems.
- Step 4: As desired, stop at the front desk and make a follow-up appointment.
Writing center assistants will:
- help you understand your assignments
and your instructor's expectations.
- read your work at any stage.
- provide constructive feedback on your writing.
- discuss ways to make writing more effective.
- offer guidance with organization.
- help you learn to word process.
- help you find your error patterns.
- be honest and sincere.
- offer encouragement and support.
Writing center assistants will not:
- type a paper for you.
- proofread or edit a paper for you.
- take responsibility for any stage of your paper.