Welcome to the Armstrong Student Union. The Student Union is located in the heart of campus and is the hub of student life and interaction on campus. The Student Union provides a safe and welcoming space for students, faculty, and staff through entertaining and educational programs and a place for students to interact and learn. Whether you and your friends need a place to hangout, grab a cup of coffee, or a place to study, or host a student organization or departmental meeting or event, the Student Union is for you!
Student Union at a Glance
- 300-seat food court-style dining area
- 200-seat lecture hall/movie theater
- Lounge space
- Convenience store
- 5,700 square-foot bookstore
- Coffee shop
- Lactation room
- Office space for the Student Government Association, Campus Union Board, and the Office of Student Affairs
- Wide wraparound front and rear porticos
- Plazas for seating
- Water fountains
Reserve a Space
Campus departments and organizations may reserve spaces within the student union for meetings and other events through the R25 Calendar and Reservation system. Student groups wishing to reserve a space must do so through a faculty or staff advisor.
Reservations will be made through the R25 Calendar and Reservation system. Only faculty and staff may reserve space through the R25. Students wishing to use space in the Student Union for class related projects must have their professor request the space. Student organizations wishing to use the Student Union for meetings and events must have their faculty or staff advisor request the space.
Please review any relevant Student Union policies before requesting to reserve a space.
- Building Policies and Procedures
- Reservation Policy
- Grill Policy
- Posting and Advertising Policy
- Movie and Film Policy
How to Reserve a Space
To access the R25 Reservation System online click the "Reserve A Space with R25" link at the left side of this page.
Once you arrive on the R25 page click "My Requests at the top of the screen. Login using your AD login uername and password.
Complete the entire form so the Student Union staff can have as many details as possible to better serve you.
- Event name and Event Title will be the same.
- Select the type of event you believe best serves the purpose of your event.
- Select the sponsoring organization. If your group is a student organization, leave "unspecified" marked and list the student organization name in the comments section at the bottom
Date & Time
- Select the start date and time and end date and time. Most of the time the date will be the same for both start and end.
- If your event does not repeat, leave "none" selected under the repeat category. Only repeat meetings and events if you know they will repeat.
- To choose a location in the Student Union make sure the radio button is selected on "Specific Space". From the drop down menu, select the space in the Student Union you would like to reserve. All spaces in the Student Union begin with SSC or MCC. To view additional details about the Student Union spaces please check out the facilities available in the Student Union.
- Please list any other details or information regarding your event that you would like for the Student Union Staff to know about your event
Once you have completely filled out the form select "Next". On the Event Request Summary page please review the information you are submitting on your request. From this point you can submit your request if all information is correct by clicking "Submit Request" or go back and making changes by selecting "Make Changes".
Once you have submitted your request, it is sent for approval. Remember that because a request is made does not mean the request has been approved. To check the status of your request at the top of the screen by clicking "My Request". On this page you will be able to see the status of your request(s). You will also receive an e-mail once the reservation has been approved or denied.
If your request is approved you will then be contacted by someone from the Student Union who will further discuss your event.
For questions regarding space in the Student Union contact Macy Bragg at Macy.Bragg@armstrong.edu
The Savannah Ballroom can serve 270 for banquets and 500 guests in single-level, theatre-style seating. The ballroom can be divided into two and three sections to accommodate small and medium-size groups. The ballroom is appropriate for department and student organizational meetings, banquets, receptions, and large-scale student organization events. All sections of the Savannah Ballroom are equipped with LCD projectors, audio-visual projection screens, DVD players, lecterns, and sound systems. Staging, dance floor, and a baby grand piano are also available upon request.
Shearouse Plaza serves as a great venue for outdoor concerts, cookouts, and fundraisers. The plaza contains an covered stage, seating with tables with umbrellas and chairs, and a grill. The grill must be reserved separately at the time of reserving the plaza. An outdoor sound system is also available.
The Skidaway Meeting Room can accommodate 28 guests in a classroom format with tables and chairs. The room is equipped with an LCD projector, projection screen, DVD player, VHS player, and wireless internet.
The Tybee Conference Room can accommodate twelve guests and provides outstanding views of the Residential Plaza overlooking the campus. The room is equipped with an LCD projector, audio-visual projection screen, DVD player, dry erase board and wireless internet.
The Compass Plaza connects the Student Union to the Academic Quad and contains a black marble waterfall. This outdoor venue is appropriate for small to medium receptions, organizational tabling, fundraisers, and acoustic music performances. An outdoor sound system is available.
The Residential Plaza, full of green space and an outdoor water fountain serves a great location for larger festivals, concerts, fundraisers, and receptions. A small performance stage is attached to the front of the Student Union. An outdoor sound system is available.
The Ogeechee Theatre is a multipurpose theatre that can accommodate 189 guests. Equipped with enhanced audio, visual, and lighting features, this venue is perfect for comedians, speakers, movies, presentations, and small concerts.