Have you always wanted to Study Abroad in Japan?
We will help you with a $500 scholarship!
- Students will collect points at Japan-related events they will attend
- For each event: photo of student at the event + summary of what they learned (2-3 paragraphs)- this is one passport page
- Each event attended = 100 points
- To earn a $500 scholarship to help pay for the trip, students will have to accumulate 700-1000 points, have 10 pages for their passport completed.
- Committee will review finished passports and grant $500 to the most deserving student (criteria TBA)
Events As Approved
Asian Council's Japan Study Abroad Program
The program will be on the campus of Otemon University
Participants will live in a hotel/hostel and share a room with one other person.
$4900 program cost includes airfare, accommodations, a one-week Japan-rail pass, and some transportation on site. Program does not include passport or visa fees, food, or tuition.
Tuition will be paid at the students home university if the university is a member of the Asia Council.
Classes offered: Japanese spiritual traditions (Religious Studies), Japanese film (International studies), and Japanese culture (International studies. Asia council representatives should set up course equivalencies at their home institutions after receiving syllabi for the courses.
For more information go to: http://valdosta-sa.terradotta.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=21581