The use of the STEM Success Center is the right and privilege of all students at Armstrong State University. During the Spring 2016 term, the STEM Success Center will offer FREE tutoring by student tutors in Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, General and Organic Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, and Mathematics.
Current versions of textbooks and lab manuals will be available for use while in the STEM Success Center. Computer workstations for student use are available and loaded with pdf versions of our current Calculus and Physics 1111 textbooks, a Biology textbook, Wolfram Mathematica, MATLab, Maple, NetBeans, ChemDraw Ultra, links to online homework websites, and STEM related career possibilities and scholarship opportunities.
A new addition to the STEM Success Center, that we are very excited about, is a large collection of Anatomy and Physiology models and also Organic Chemistry models that will be available for students to get a hands-on approach to their studies.
For the Spring 2016 term, the STEM Success Center will be open from Wednesday, January 13, through Thursday, May 5. Following is the schedule of hours:
- Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sunday 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Click on your class to see who can help.
Many of our student tutors are comfortable with material from upper level classes not listed above. If you do not see your class listed, feel free to come in and ask our tutors if they might be able to help.
Students needing help in MATLAB, graphics, or statics, please visit Armstrong's Engineering Tutorial Center located in University Hall room 240. They are available to help Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Fill out the STEM Success Center information sheet upon your first visit of the semester.
- Use the card swipe system to sign in each time you visit the STEM Success Center.
- Be sure to read the material assigned by your instructor carefully and make an attempt to do the work before requesting tutoring assistance.
- Understand that we may not be able to help you immediately upon your arrival, but we will assist you as quickly as possible.
- Bring your textbook, notes, and syllabus with you to the STEM Success Center to help your tutor determine how your instructor is approaching the material.
Note: You do not need an appointment to use the STEM Success Center.