The STEM Success Center offers free tutoring by student tutors in Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, General and Organic Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, and Mathematics.
Tutoring for summer courses will begin Wednesday, June 8th. Schedules will be updated before that.
No appointment is necessary.
Click on your class below to see who can help:
Quantitative Skills and Reasoning (MATH 1001) College Algebra (MATH 1111) Pre-Calculus (MATH 1113) Calculus (MATH 1161) Statistics (MATH 2200)
Biology I (BIOL 1107) Biology II (BIOL 1108) Anatomy and Physiology I (BIOL 2081) Anatomy and Physiology II (BIOL 2082)
Chemistry I (CHEM 1211) Chemistry II (CHEM 1212) Organic Chemistry I (CHEM 2101) Organic Chemistry II (CHEM 2102)
Introductiory Physics I (PHYS 1111) Principles of Physics I (PHYS 2211)
Many of our student tutors are comfortable with material from upper level classes not listed above. If you do not see your class listed, feel free to come in and ask our tutors if they might be able to help.
FREE Engineering Tutoring
Students needing help in MATLAB, graphics, or statics, please visit Armstrong's Engineering Tutorial Center located in University Hall room 240. They are available to help Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Current versions of textbooks and lab manuals will be available for use while in the STEM Success Center. Computer workstations for student use are available and loaded with pdf versions of our current Calculus and Physics 1111 textbooks, a Biology textbook, Wolfram Mathematica, MATLab, Maple, NetBeans, ChemDraw Ultra, links to online homework websites, and STEM related career possibilities and scholarship opportunities.
A new addition to the STEM Success Center, that we are very excited about, is a large collection of Anatomy and Physiology models and also Organic Chemistry models that will be available for students to get a hands-on approach to their studies.
- Fill out the STEM Success Center information sheet upon your first visit of the semester.
- Use the card swipe system to sign in each time you visit the STEM Success Center.
- Be sure to read the material assigned by your instructor carefully and make an attempt to do the work before requesting tutoring assistance.
- Understand that we may not be able to help you immediately upon your arrival, but we will assist you as quickly as possible.
- Bring your textbook, notes, and syllabus with you to the STEM Success Center to help your tutor determine how your instructor is approaching the material.
Note: You do not need an appointment to use the STEM Success Center.
Click here for a list of private tutors. These are tutors that work in our center and wish to earn some extra money in their spare time. Arrangements should be made with the tutors directly and meetings should take place somewhere safe, away from the STEM Success Center.