How it Works
- An experienced SI student leader sits in on a targeted class as a member of that class. They see what content is being covered and how it is presented by the instructor.
- The SI leader plans a session by picking out important material from class including challenging examples, reviews of concepts and terminology, and an approach to convey the material to those students that attend the session.
- The SI leader holds the session and students interact with one another through planned examples and activities to better understand the material. SI sessions are not intended to be another lecture on the material.
When and Where?
Schedules will be updated soon. Please check back later.
- General Chemistry I - CHEM 1211
- Wednesday 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Science Center 2404
- Thursday 12:15 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. Science Center 2503
- Organic Chemistry I - CHEM 2101
- Wednesday 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Solms 216
- Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Solms 202
- Organic Chemistry II - CHEM 2102
- Monday and Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Science Center 1109
- Tuesday and Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Hawes 115
- Calculus I - MATH 1161 - Dr. Chang
- Tuesday 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. University Hall 104
- Wednesday 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. University Hall 124
- Thursday 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. University Hall 104
- Calculus I - MATH 1161 - Dr. Hessinger - Remind System
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Calculus I - MATH 1161 - Dr. Huynh - Remind System
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. University Hall 105
- Computer Science
- Engineering Graphics - ENGR 1170/1170L
- Computing for Engineers (MATLAB) - ENGR 1370/1371L
- Statics - ENGR 2001
The Remind System is being utilized by Biology and Mathematics to remind students when and where sessions will be held as well as what material will be covered during these sessions. You can access this system through the free phone app, textmessages, or email. Click Remind System next to your class for further information.
What is great about Supplemental Instruction?
- Completely FREE!
- No appointment or long term commitment necessary.
- Opportunity to make mistakes and learn from them.
- Chance to work on material with others that are going through the exact same class while being guided by an upper level student that is very comfortable with this material.