- Am I required to attend orientation before I attend classes at Armstrong?
Yes, all new students (First-Year, Transfer, and Non- Traditional) are required to attend orientation. This applies for both our Savannah and Liberty Center campuses.
- How do I register for Navigate?
After you have been accepted for admission, you will need to submit your New Student Enrollment Payment through Your PORT of Armstrong. Once such is received, you will be able to sign up for Navigate online. During the Navigate sign-up process you will be prompted to enter in information about yourself and your academic interests. You will also be prompted to enter information regarding family members attending the session with you (at an additional cost). After you sign up online, you will receive a confirmation via email. If you have any questions and concerns about registration you can call our office at 912.344.2504 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the fee for Navigate?
Your cost of attendance at orientation is covered through the New Student Enrollment Payment that you submitted at time of admittance. If wishing to bring guests to orientation, that will be assessed when you register online for Navigate.
NOTE: After paying your new student enrollment payment, you must wait up to 24 hours until the payment has processed to enter the Navigate portal. Do know, the Navigate system will send you an email when you are able to log in.
The cost of attendance for guests at Navigate orientation is assessed at time of registration. The amount of guests allowed and fee will vary as follows:
- First-Year Students, Savannah Campus: $40.00/guest, maximum of two
- Transfer/Non-Traditional Students, Savannah Campus: $35.00/guest, maximum of two
- Liberty Center Students, Hinesville Campus: $10.00/guest, maximum of one
- How do I pay the Navigate guest fee?
You will be prompted to pay the guest fee for Navigate Armstrong when you sign up online if you chose to bring someone. Your registration for Navigate will not be complete if you show an outstanding guest payment due.
- My family wants to attend, is there a family component to Navigate?
There is a family component for the Navigate sessions for our Savannah campus orientations. Due to event size, you are limited to bringing two family members per student. Family members can be registered at the same time the student registers for Navigate. There is a fee that will be assessed for each family member who attends. Navigate is a full day program for his or her parents or guardians and not suitable for children due to the length and subject matter. Please note that the family Navigate orientation program runs concurrently, but separate from the student program. While both groups begin and end the day together, they will not be together throughout the entire day.
Guests are welcome to attend orientation at the Liberty Center campus (max of 1) however there is not a separate program at this time.
- Will I receive a refund if I pay for my family and they are unable to attend?
The Navigate Armstrong program fee is non-refundable.
- What should I bring to Navigate?
Remember to bring:
- Government issued photo ID. You will need this to get your Armstrong ID / Pirate Card. Click here for information about the Pirate Card.
- Comfortable walking shoes, comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather. You will spend time outside and it will likely be hot.
- Bring a sweater or a jacket - some of the air-conditioned rooms can be chilly.
- First-Year students: Orientation is overnight and the overnight stay is required. Please also remember to bring a sleeping bag/sheets, pillow, towel, and toiletries.
- When and where do I meet for Navigate?
Each Navigate session meets at a different location depending on which session you are attending. Refer to the Navigate schedule to make sure you check-in at the correct location. On the day of Navigate, yellow "Navigate Parking" signs will be located throughout campus to direct you to the correct location. Based on the session you choose, you will receive details about the day, times, and arrival locations to your student email account.
- Will I be able to register for classes during Navigate?
Yes the program does include advisement and registration. When you leave for home at the end of the session you will have met with an advisor to discuss your Fall 2017 class schedule, and been coached through the registration process using S.H.I.P., the online Student Help Information Process. Throughout the day, you will learn about academic requirements, core curriculum requirements, and how to choose your courses. Based on the information from your admissions application, and on the information you submit during online registration for Navigate Armstrong, our department faculty and trained academic advisors will help you understand your schedule that we think will work best for your first semester. When you leave us at the end of the day, you will have your Fall 2017 class schedule ready to go!