This checklist will help prepare you for Armstrong orientation. Please complete the steps before you attend your Navigate session.
Step 1: Log in to the Port of Armstrong
The Port of Armstrong is your gateway to most of the technology resources you will need as a student at Armstrong.
- Find your Port ID and your Student ID (907#) using the Lookup ID link.
- Sign in with your Port ID. The first time you sign in, the password is your birthday (MMDDYY)
- Don't forget to change your password using the link at the top right menu.
Inside the Port you can:
- Check your Armstrong email
- See if you have any announcements
- Pay your New Student Enrollment Payment (must have completed prior to signing up for Navigate Orientation)
- Apply for Housing
- Access your SHIP account
- And much more!
Step 2: Submit Your New Student Enrollment Payment
This payment will secure your spot at Armstrong for Spring 2018 and allow you to register for Navigate. Navigate is Armstrong’s new student orientation program where you spend time on campus learning about academic services and life outside the classroom, and meet with an academic advisor to receive your course schedule. The payment is nonrefundable.
To submit your New Student Enrollment Payment: Log in to your Port of Armstrong account at port.armstrong.edu and choose Touchnet Bill Pay System from the Student Services menu. Navigate to the eDeposits tab, select your entry term. Then proceed with payment.
Step 3: Apply for Housing
Click on the Register tab in the Port to complete your housing application
Step 4: Confirm Your Documents
Remember that the admissions office must receive any outstanding documents before you can start taking classes. To verify that all of your required documents have been received check your admissions holds. A hold on your account could mean you still need to turn in:
- Immunization records.
- Final high school or college transcript(s)
- Official AP or IB scores
If you have any questions regarding any admissions holds, contact the Office of Admissions at 912.344.2503
Step 5: Confirm Your Financial Aid Progress
For step-by-step information to ensure your financial aid will be ready when classes begin, please review the Financial Aid Roadmap.
- Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? To do so, please visit www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Have you been selected for the verification process? If so, the documents needed to complete this process are available on our Financial Aid Reviewing Your Award webpage.
- Hoping for a HOPE Scholarship? Complete the Georgia Student Finance Application for HOPE at www.gacollege411.
Step 6: Complete your Foreign Language Placement Exam
Complete a placement exam in French or Spanish to determine where you will begin your foreign language study at Armstrong.
Courses beyond French or Spanish 1001 (level 1) are required for many majors and can apply to core curriculum requirements for students pursuing any major.
Use the following link to take your Foreign Language Placement Exam. Allow up to 30 minutes to complete your exam. Prior to your attendance at Navigate, an Armstrong staff member will pull your scores to help create your course schedule. NOTE: You will need your 907 number to proceed through the exam.
- Access Placement Exam Here
- Password is: pirates1
Step 7: What to Bring to Navigate
To help you prepare for your Navigate session, the list below are items that you are suggested to bring to Navigate with you.
- Government issued photo ID. You will need this to get your Armstrong ID /Pirate Card
- Bring a sweater or a jacket - some of the air-conditioned rooms can be chilly
- Comfortable walking shoes, comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather. You will spend time outside and it will likely be hot.
We look forward to meeting you at NAVIGATE!