Armstrong State University is now Georgia Southern University. For information about Fall 2018 and beyond, visit Current Armstrong students (spring and summer 2018) can continue to access information through For details about the consolidation, visit
h > LATEST NEWS HEADLINES > Travel Regulation Reminders

Travel Regulation Reminders

(7/28/17) Before the start of the new academic year, please be reminded of the following rules and regulations in reference to Travel:

Section 3.1: Lodging

All lodging claims must be documented with receipts and must be at a business that offers lodging to the general public, such as a hotel or motel, and not a private residence.

The USO contacted the GA State Accounting Office to get clarification and we are prohibited from reimbursing lodging for employees if they utilize VRBO, HomeAway or AirBNB to rent a home/condo. Although, we understand that the cost of the house rental may be less than the conference or nearby hotel, the state has prohibited this type of reimbursement.

Here is the link for the Georgia State Travel regulations:

Vehicle rental:

The state of Georgia has a mandatory state wide contract for vehicle rentals.  The two suppliers are Enterprise and Hertz.

Both of these suppliers can be utilized anywhere in the US for the contracted prices.  However, there are some clarifications regarding when the insurance is included in the contract and when you should purchase their provided insurance.

If you rent with Enterprise or Hertz and the trip originates in the state of Georgia, the insurance is provided for the following vehicle classes:

Compact                                                  12 passenger

Intermediate                                           Mini Van

Full size                                                     Mid-Size SUV

If your trip originates outside of the State of Georgia and you rent from Hertz at an airport location, then the insurance is included in the rate. If you rent from a location other than an airport for Hertz or any Enterprise location outside of the state, then you should purchase the insurance that is offered with the rental.

This contract also includes cargo vans and 15 ft., 16 ft. and 24 ft. box trucks. If you rent any of these vehicles, you should also include the insurance provided by the rental company.

If you rent any other type of vehicle from these suppliers (i.e. 15 passenger vans), always purchase the supplier provided insurance.

Bynikini Frazier

ÔÇťArmstrong provided me with that platform of support and enrichment that I needed to strengthen my craft as a teacher."

Bynikini Frazier
Class of 2010
M.Ed. in Elementary Education