You answered the call to serve, now reward yourself by advancing your second career through education. Armstrong is a military-friendly university, placing high value on your military experience. Our Military Resource Center keeps you in touch with fellow vets, and our veteran affairs specialist will help you make the most of your VA benefits. Armstrong has a variety of career-enhancing academic degrees and programs such as criminal justice, professional communication and leadership, engineering, and health professions that many with military backgrounds find to be a good match. Put your experience toward your education and apply today.
VA Benefit Programs
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill® / Chapter 33
- Montgomery GI Bill® / Chapter 30
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation / Chapter 31
- Tutorial Assistance
- VA Work-Study Program
- Yellow Ribbon Program
Begin the application process by following the steps on our Admissions Checklist. In addition to the action items on the checklist, complete the applicable out-of-state tuition and student fee waivers to include in your application.
- Out-of-State Tuition Waiver - Active Duty
- Out-of-State Tuition Waiver - Active Guard and Reserve
- Mandatory Student Fee Waiver - All Active Duty
While gaining admission to the university, students should contact the School Certifying Official (SCO) to begin the process of applying for VA or benefits. The following documents should be presented to the SCO when applying for VA benefits:
- Certificate of Eligibility
- DD-214 or have Official Military Transcript sent (if applicable)
- Notice of Military Student Registration by Term
- Schedule and Bill (once you register)
- Military Credit Evaluation Request
- Approved Credit for Military Training This list is constantly being updated. Please see the Certifying Official to request an official evaluation of your CCAF Transcript or JST to determine if additional credits can approved for your military training, education, and experience.