A Hub for You
Be sure to take advantage of the multiple forms and resources listed below so that your transition to Armstrong is as smooth as possible.
- Out-of-State Tuition Waiver for Active Duty Military Personnel
- Out-of-State Tuition Waiver for National Guard & Reserves
- Mandatory Student Fee Waiver for Active Duty & Full Time Guard/Reserves
- Mandatory Student Fee Waiver for U.S, Reservists & National Guard Combat Veterans
- Notice of Military Student Registration by Term
- VA Policies and Procedures
- Military Credit Evaluation Request
- Military Physical Education Credit Form
- Yellow Ribbon Program Application
- VA Work Study Application
- Student VA Information Brochure
- CCAF Transient Student Command Approval to Enroll
- GEM Application for Admission
- Registar Forms Page
- Approved Credit for Military Training, Education & Experience
- American Council on Education
- Armstrong Office of Equity Diversity & Inclusion
- Armstrong Office of Disability Services
- Armstrong ROTC/Military Science Program
- Board of Regents Information for Veterans
- "Choosing the Right School" Guide
- Current Student Information Hub
- Georgia Department of Labor
- GI Bill® Calculator
- Military Benefits
- Military News
- Questions about Chapter 33 (Post 9/11) MGIB
- United States Department of Veteran Affairs
- VA Pay Rates
Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet (FASS) is designed to help you estimate the cost of attending Armstrong State University during the current Academic Year, and identify potential sources of financial aid so you can easily compare Armstrong State University with other institutions and make an informed decision about where to attend school. This tool is provided as part of Armstrong’s commitment to the Principles of Excellence under Presidential Executive Order 13607.
College Credit for Military Experience and Training
Eligible Servicemembers may be awarded a three-semester-hour physical activity credit (PEBC 2001) upon receipt of official documentation. Students are asked to complete the required request form within their first semester of enrollment at Armstrong. Students should submit official documentation of successful completion of military basic training (DD-214, JST or Community College of the Air Force transcript) with the required request form to the Veterans Affairs office.
Additional academic credit for military education may be granted for military education, training and experience if applicable to the service member’s degree program. Adequate documentation (DD-214, JST or Community College of the Air Force transcript) must be provided by the student, and accompany each Military Credit Evaluation Request when submitted to the Certifying Official's office. Approved Credit for Military Training *please note - this list is constantly being updated.
Students are responsible for paying all university bills and/or turning in all appropriate paperwork to the Armstrong Veterans Affairs Office before the payment deadline. Armstrong and the VA do not have an agreement to process tuition/fee waivers; therefore, failure of the VA to pay students in a timely manner does not eliminate or delay students' financial responsibility to the university. It normally takes the Atlanta VA processing center 6-8 weeks to process new education claims, so please plan accordingly. Please contact the School Certifying Official if you need assistance with a delayed payment issue.
Chapter 30, 32, 1606, 1607, 35
The student is responsible for paying all tuition and fees by payment deadline. Armstrong does not have an agreement with the VA to process tuition/fee waivers; therefore failure of the VA to pay students in a timely manner does not eliminate or delay a student’s financial responsibility to Armstrong State University.
Post 9/11, VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Army TA
The Bursar’s Office will hold tuition/fees until the VA/Army TA pays the school. If a student is receiving loans or grants, the Bursar’s Office will take the tuition/fees from the loan or grant first. Once the VA/Army TA pays the school, a refund will be given to the student. Any money due the school that will not be paid by the VA/Army TA will be the responsibility of the student by the payment deadline.
Military Students' Responsibilities
It is the students’ responsibility to know the requirements for their benefits, including what the full time rate for payment is and that they meet that requirement. Military students at Armstrong have ongoing responsibilities to the VA. The Armstrong Certifying Official closely monitors each student's enrollment status and academic program. The student's entitlement is based upon the number of credit hours for which they are enrolled.
In assisting the School Certifying Official, student veterans at Armstrong must do the following:
- Have the Armstrong Notice of VA Student Registration by Term form completed by academic advisor and return to the Certifying Official with a copy of a Schedule and Bill from SHIP.
- Notify Armstrong's Certifying Official if you:
- change degree program
- change schedule / ADD or DROP
- withdraw completely
- change address
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to partially or fully fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the established thresholds under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®. For the 2017-2018 academic year, Armstrong is funding up to four undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in degree seeking programs on a first-come first-served basis, regardless of the rate at which the individual is pursuing training. Armstrong and the VA will make equal contributions toward the program on behalf of the individual in the form of a scholarship, with the total not to exceed $500 each semester and combined total of $1000 per academic year.
- Veterans and their spouses using transferred of entitlement, eligible at the 100% benefit level not eligible for an Out-of-State Waiver through Armstrong are eligible for Yellow Ribbon.
- ToE children eligible at the 100% benefit level not eligible for an Out-of-State Waiver through Armstrong are eligible for Yellow Ribbon.
- Active duty members are not eligible for Yellow Ribbon.
- Spouses of active duty service members are not eligible for Yellow Ribbon.
- Recipients of the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship are not eligible for Yellow Ribbon.
Armstrong's Office of Veteran Affairs does not process VA Advance Pay.
Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 Monthly Verification
All students receiving Chapter 30, 1606 or 1607 benefits must verify their monthly enrollment on the last day of each month or after. The benefit (monetary award) will not be released by the VA until this is done. Enrollment verification can be accomplished by using the VA toll-free telephone number 1.877.823.2378 or visit WAVE.