The Armstrong State University Public Service Center assists Georgia communities in identifying and addressing complex urban and regional issues. ASU's expert faculty and staff help the public and private sector develop solutions for organizational challenges and concerns, leading to more effective and efficient organizational delivery. We serve organizations in the city and county governments; nonprofit human service and cultural groups; boards of education; colleges and universities; state, regional and local agencies; and business and industry.
The Public Service Center provides a wide range of services to local and regional organizations, governmental units, and business and industry. The Public Service Center can:
- Assist local and regional organizations in the technical aspects of writing and administering grants
- Conduct evaluation research of social and health science programs; analyze agency manpower needs; assess agency operations for efficiency and effectiveness; identify service needs and gaps; conduct large telephone surveys; conduct crime analysis; and administer and analyze public opinion and community surveys for public and private organizations and businesses
- Develop budget procedures and systems; write and modify data management systems and programs
- Provide program planning and design in a variety of fields, including crime prevention, health care, employment, education, and volunteer programs
- Facilitate strategic and long-range planning
If you are interested in finding out more about the Public Service Center's programs and services, please contact us.