Are you interested in becoming a Resident Assistant?
Housing and Residence Life currently employs 34 live-in resident assistants who help support the residential education initiatives and administration of our residence halls and apartments. The application for 2017-2018 Resident Assistant position is now available. Please apply online by Friday, February 10, 2017 for priority consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
Resident Assistant Recruitment Requirements for Application
The required components of the application process are as follows:
Completed online application including an uploaded cover letter, resume and reference list (The priority deadline for applications is Friday, February 10 at 5 p.m.)
The RA passport events (This is a paper booklet that is available for pick up at Windward Commons front desk and Compass Point Clubhouse Office. Stamps are required to prove attendance)
- Informational Meeting Attendance (January 30 - February 1 @ 7pm, WC East Classroom) - You must attend one of three offered informational meetings that will take place at the end of January. If you cannot attend an informational meeting, you can set up a 1-1 meeting with Angela Storck to satisfy this requirement.
- Residential Program Attendance (Between January 29- February 24, 2017) - You must attend a residential program sponsored by housing staff during the month of February. Programs are advertised on banners in Windward Commons, the Compass Point Clubhouse laundry room, and on the Happenings in Housing email.
- Shadow Duty Round (February 1 - 24, 2017)(sign up for your shadow duty round slot in the Main Housing Office on the 2nd floor of the Compass Point Annex/ 7000 Bldg at least 48 hours in advance of your chosen time slot) - Follow a current RA as they proceed through an evening duty round. Learn what we look for when we conduct rounds of the building and experience what you might encounter when you are an RA. Participants must sign a confidentiality form prior to participation on the duty round.
- Completion of an event with the Office of Career Services (See passport for exact dates and activities) to either obtain assistance with your resume and cover letter or get pointers on interviewing.
RA Individual Interview (Week of February 20-24: Sign up via email beginning February 13, 2017)
RA Group Process Interview (Saturday, February 25 in the afternoon: Specific time TBA so don't plan anything this day)
Resident Assistants Function at the Highest Level in the Areas of:
- Role modeling and leadership
- Resource assistance and referral
- Student and community development
- Safety and security awareness
- Community standards regulation
- Facilities and occupancy management
- Housing and Residence Life administration
Minimum Requirements for application consideration:
- Residency in on-campus housing for at least one full semester (exceptions provided on a case-by-case basis)
- Enrolled as a full-time, on-campus Armstrong student (12+ credit hours) during period of employment
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the start of and during the term of employment
- Ability to balance academic, employment, personal and co-curricular commitments
- Successful completion of an extensive selection process that includes completion of an RA passport of activities, individual interview, group interview and online application process.
Are you interested in becoming a Graduate Assistant Residence Director?
We are currently fully staffed and are not accepting new applications at this time.