The Office of Housing and Residence Life creates a safe living environment which promotes holistic learning and personal growth. This environment will foster independent thinking and personal decision making. Through our programs and services, we challenge and support students to be engaged, community-minded and academically successful.
The Office of Housing and Residence Life embraces these core values:
- Providing residents with the support and resources to promote successful transitions and transformative learning experiences throughout their collegiate experience.
- We strive to ensure that students are connected to the community by providing engaging opportunities for involvement with Armstrong and the greater Savannah area.
- We encourage students to understand, appreciate, and promote tolerance of diverging views, opinions and differing backgrounds through intentional programs and educational conversations.
- We value teamwork amongst the other departments of the Division of Student Affairs and across campus to be able to carry out our mission.
- We collaborate strategically and closely with University Police Department, Corvias Campus Living and Facilities Services to ensure that student residences are safe, secure and well maintained.
Learning Outcomes 2016-2017
- Housing and Residence Life will conduct 2 focus groups to assess the appeal and effectiveness of Housing marketing materials in targeting diverse populations.
- 90% of the Quality of Life Survey respondents will report that residential program participation has provided them information conducive to their academic and personal success as students.
- Increase the retention from year 1 to year 2 of LLC participants residing in Windward Commons by 3%.
- Provide focused support and increase the retention by 3% of students from underrepresented groups through the implementation of the MOVE and Hermano a Hermano Living-Learning Communities from year 1 to year 2.
- 90% of Quality of Life Survey respondents will report that their Resident Assistant engaged them and made them aware of campus programs and resources.
- 90% of Quality of Life Survey respondents will report that their Resident Assistant presented them with learning opportunities focused on academic and personal success as a student.
- 90% of Quality of Life Survey respondents will report that Housing and Residence Life made them aware of the opportunity to participate in Resident Student Association and National Residence Hall Honorary.
- Housing and Residence Life will increase overall program participation by 5% versus the previous year.