The purpose of the University Counseling Center is to provide mental health counseling that aides students in learning healthy and adaptive coping skills by developing insight and resiliency. The Counseling Center serves the campus community by offering expertise and support through outreach, consultation, education and awareness on mental health issues impacting students.
Armstrong State University's Counseling Center supports the academic success and personal experience of all students by offering services that assist in the alleviation, remediation, and prevention of distress while developing a positive and strong sense of self.
The University Counseling Center has the following student-centered goals:
- Students will recognize and access needed resources, including counseling.
- Students will have access to diverse problem-solving strategies.
- Students will develop and sustain healthy relationships.
- Students will achieve greater self-awareness and insight to maintain a consistent and positive sense of self.
- Personal counseling (individual, couples, family)
- Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) assessment and education
- Evaluation and referral
- Support or therapy groups
- Crisis Management
- Skill building workshops, such as stress management and test anxiety
- Classroom presentations