Thank you for visiting the web site of the College of Health Professions at Armstrong State University. We are the most comprehensive Health Professions Education Center in Georgia and serve the needs of Southeast Georgia, South Carolina and Northern Florida. The College offers Bachelor's Degrees, Master's Degrees and Certificate Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Public Health, Health Sciences, Medical Technology, Nursing, Radiologic Sciences, Rehabilitation Sciences, and Respiratory Therapy. We also offer the Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree. Full accreditation is in place for all programs that require it.
Providing high quality educational programs in each of these professions is a top priority for us. We have dedicated and outstanding faculty who are committed to the success of our students. As a result we consistently have high passing rates on credentialing exams, well above the national averages. Our programs, faculty and students are nationally recognized for excellence and have received prestigious awards for their outstanding abilities. Faculty research and scholarly activity ensure that our programs remain at this high level of performance.
Our students receive clinical experience in a variety of venues. We have on-campus clinical facilities and laboratories as well as a strong relationship with the regional health care systems. Some programs have clinical affiliations throughout the country. Together, these provide the best possible clinical experiences for our students.
We hope that you are as excited about the many opportunities that exist in Health Care as we are. At the College of Health Professions at Armstrong, we are ready to provide you with the professional programs that will prepare you for a career in this exciting area. Please visit us in person; you will like what you see.
Please feel free to call my office if I can be of help.
Dr. Anne W. Thompson
Improve the health and wellness of our culturally diverse communities by educating students to become team-oriented, evidence-focused and compassionate healthcare professionals.
In 2020 the College of Health Professions at Armstrong is a thriving, sustainable, and community-based hub of integrated healthcare education, health promotion, and service. The college is widely recognized as a leader in innovative, inter-professional education. Our recognition is based on the following accomplishments and realities:
- The college’s state-of-the-art facilities and advanced technologies prepare graduates for the healthcare environment of the future
- Outstanding faculty excel at bringing applied research and professional healthcare experience directly into the learning process
- Graduates demonstrate comprehensive disciplinary knowledge and skill, as well as an ability to function in a complex, team-oriented healthcare system
- Strategic community partnerships provide learning laboratories for our students and faculty
- The college and our partners collaborate to identify, confront and solve current healthcare issues while working to prevent the problems of tomorrow
Core Value 1: The College of Health Professions (COHP) faculty is dedicated to providing excellence in Health Professions education.
- The faculty provides the highest quality education possible to our students and stimulates the critical thinking and technological skills necessary for practice and leadership in the health professions.
- The faculty value committment and responsiveness to community and professional service.
- The faculty value ethical behavior and accountability that support a high standard of performance.
- The faculty value and respect diversity.
- The faculty promotes opportunities for service in medically underserved areas for students and faculty.
- The COHP faculty, dean, and department heads will promote educational opportunities in international health care settings.
Core Value 2: The COHP faculty participates in promoting scholarly activities for the advancement of professional knowledge and the improvement of instruction and learning.
- The faculty fosters a teaching/learning environment that promotes scholarly activity.
- The faculty promotes the integration of scholarship into educational activities.
- The faculty actively pursues the acquisition of resources to support scholarly activity.
Core Value 3: The faculty value commitment and responsiveness to professional community service.
- The faculty promotes community service activities.
- The faculty balances service activities with teaching and scholarship responsibilities.
- The faculty values the development and maintenance of community partnerships.
- The faculty is responsive to opportunities to serve on local, state, and/or national committees/boards within their respective disciplines.