We are excited that you have chosen our school to expand your education! Armstrong has a proven curriculum that demonstrates a successful learning experience. We understand that the cost of education has risen, however, the Office of Financial Aid is here to assist all students by improving the students' knowledge of aid. Scholarships, grants, and loans are all ways a student may fund their education. We want Armstrong’s students to be aware of the many opportunities to finance an education.
1. Apply for a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID at fsaid.ed.gov. An FSA ID is needed for you and one parent to provide information and electronically "sign" your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and other financial aid forms.
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Armstrong school code is 001546.
3. Apply for Scholarships! For more information regarding Scholarships and how to apply, please review our Scholarships information page.
4. Check your student e-mail regularly for important information from the Office of Financial Aid.
5. Check SHIP regularly via the Port of Armstrong. From SHIP you may also accept, decline, or make adjustments to your Direct loan(s).
6. Submit any documents requested by the Office of Financial Aid to prevent a delay in receiving your financial aid.
7. Complete entrance counseling for your Direct loan at http://www.studentloans.gov.
8. Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) online at http://www.studentloans.gov to complete the loan process.
9. Check your balance in Port of Armstrong to ensure you have enough financial aid to cover your bill and/or to make payments by the fee payment deadline.
10. Attend class! Your financial aid eligibility is affected by your class attendance. Make sure you are verified in attendance.