We understand that the cost of education has risen, however, the Office of Financial Aid is here to assist all students by improving the students' knowledge of aid. Scholarships, grants, and loans are all ways a student may fund their education. We want Armstrong’s students to be aware of the many opportunities to finance an education.
To renew your financial aid each year follow these Steps
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID at fsaid.ed.gov. An FSA ID is needed for you and one parent to provide information and electronically "sign" your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and other financial aid forms.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Armstrong school code is 001546.
- For Georgia residents interested in applying for HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarships, complete the GSFApp at GACollege411.org
- Check your student e-mail regularly for important information from the Office of Financial Aid.
- Check SHIP regularly via the Port of Armstrong. From SHIP you may also accept, decline, or make adjustments to your Federal Direct loan(s).
- Submit any documents requested by the Office of Financial Aid to prevent a delay in receiving your financial aid.
- Complete entrance counseling for your Direct loan at www.studentloans.gov.
- Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) online at www.studentloans.gov to complete the loan process.
- Check your balance in Port of Armstrong to ensure you have enough financial aid to cover your bill and/or to make payments by the fee payment deadline.
- Attend class! Your financial aid eligibility is affected by your class attendance. Make sure you are verified in attendance.