Gamble Hall was built in 1965 as one of the original core buildings on Armstrong's Campus. It has withstood the test of time but the aging systems required updating to meet current codes and provide technology for today's learning process. The focus of the project was to bring the building into full code compliance, upgrade the building systems and modernize the interior as budget allowed. Renovations addressed life safety code compliance and included ADA accessibility including installation of an elevator and providing accessible restrooms, replacement of mechanical systems and replacement of the roofing system.
- Project Construction Budget: $2.5 m approximate
- Completion Date: Summer 2013
- Project Architect: Hussey, Gay, Bell & DeYoung
- Project Funding Sources: State GO Bond Funding
- Project Construction Contractor: Elkins Constructors, Inc.