Dr. Sue Rankin of Rankin and Associates Consulting addressed the campus on September 1st and 2nd, reporting on Armstrong's "first" Climate Survey Assessment. After data cleaning, the final response rate was revealed as 20.5%, that's 1466 students, faculty, and staff. Detailed results may be found in the Port of Armstrong.
Campus leadership directly responded to the results of the climate assessment by developing and executing the following Action Plan:
- Welcoming Environment
- Campus Conversations Presented by The President’s Office, The Provost’s Office and the Vice President of Student Affairs
- December 2015 – Talking About #Mizzou
- January 2016 – Fear: Why Are We Afraid?
- March 2016 – Race, Part I
- April 2016 – Race, Part II
- In partnership with Faculty Development “Bullying in Higher Education” workshop will be presented on February 8, 2016. Presenter Dr. Linda Johnston, Siegel Institute for Leadership, Ethics and Character at Kennesaw State University.
- Diversity Toolkit
As part of the ongoing effort to provide resources to the whole Armstrong community, the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Office offers a Diversity Toolkit. The Diversity Toolkit is accessible on the EDI website: Armstrong.edu/diversity
- Childcare Viability
A Childcare Research taskforce charged by Dr. Janet Buckenmeyer, Dean, College of Education on November 17, 2015 to assess childcare viability and develop a comprehensive report by Fall 2016.
Darryl Blackburn Graduate Student
Carol Cox Academic Affairs
Dr. Nedra Cossa College of Education
Ray Gaster Community Partner
Hunter Hart Undergraduate
Dr. John Hobe (CHAIR) College of Education
Marc Mascolo Business & Finance
Rick Matthews Advancement
Shaunell McGee College of Health Professions
Dr. Jane Rago College of Liberal Arts
Dr. Regina Rahimi College of Education & Diversity Council
Dr. Janel Smith College of Science & Technology