The Office of Field Experiences, Clinical Practice and Partnerships (OFECPP) is responsible for ensuring our College of Education teacher candidates are placed in productive learning environments that build knowledge, skills and dispositions regarding teaching. The OFECPP coordinates all field experiences and clinical placements. Placements are organized based upon the grade-level bands required and determined from GaPSC.
Guidelines for Field Placements
- Be prompt. Sign in at the office. Wear your Armstrong ID in a Lanyard. Bring your emergency form.
- Bring a letter of introduction from your Armstrong instructor and your attendance log.
- Be respectful of the cooperating teacher's time and focus on his/her students.
- Communicate expectations for assignments by email and confer with the teacher prior to interacting with the students to ensure you are fulfilling his/her goals and objectives as well as your professors' assignments.
- Remember, you are a guest in the cooperating teacher's classroom. Contact the OFECPP office with any questions about your placement. Contact your professor with any questions about your assignment.
- If you are not going to be able to attend a class on a designated date, contact your cooperating teacher in advance.
- Become aware of grade level bands required for certification per GaPSC.
- Have fun, be observant and reflective and enjoy working with these wonderful students.
Requirements for Field Experience
There are certain requirements that are expected prior to any field experience.
- Every Semester, each Armstrong student must complete an application form for Field Experience Placement. This can be completed by clicking in the appropriate box to the bottom of this page, labeled EDUC2130, Field Experience, Internship I or Internship II/Graduate Internship.
The Armstrong student has the opportunity to choose the level (elementary, middle or high school) and content area for middle and high school levels, for their field experience. The Armstrong student may not request a school unless there are extenuating circumstances. The completed form, with proof of insurance, must be submitted by April 22 (for Fall Field Experiences) and November 11 (for Spring Field Experiences). Failing to do so may result in being dropped from your course(s).
- A clear criminal background check will now be done through GaPSC. This form is filled out and submitted from your PreService Certification Paperwork. The background check is processed free of charge and is completely confidential.
- Each Armstrong student participating in a field experience needs tort liability insurance. The cost is generally $15 per year.
- Each Armstrong student must view the Field Experience PowerPoint presentation before field experience can begin. Field Experiences Orientation
The Office of Field Placements, Clinical Practice and Partnerships will arrange all field placements. Armstrong students will not be allowed to place themselves.