Armstrong State University is now Georgia Southern University. For information about Fall 2018 and beyond, visit Current Armstrong students (spring and summer 2018) can continue to access information through For details about the consolidation, visit
h > About > Administration & Offices > Departments A-Z > Registrar > Registering for Classes > Transient Student Information

Registrar: Transient Student Information

Transient to Armstrong State University

Students from other universities visiting our campus for one or more classes are considered transient students. Transient students apply to Armstrong using a transient letter from their home school (also called a letter of good standing). Transient status lasts one semester and is renewable for a second term with a new transient letter.

Transient From Armstrong State University

Students requesting transient status must have been enrolled at Armstrong for the semester immediately prior to the transient term (excluding summer). Grades and quality points earned for these courses will have an effect on the student's overall grade point average at Armstrong  and are considered in calculating graduation with honors.

Transient Checklist

Special Instructions for Transient To or From Savannah State University

Armstrong students planning to go transient to Savannah State University or Savannah State students interested in applying to Armstrong as a transient student should review the requirements for the Armstrong State-Savannah State Exchange Program. 

Armstrong State-Savannah State Exchange Program

Any Armstrong student that is registered for a minimum of nine (9) credit hours at Armstrong may register for no less than three (3) and no more than six (6) credit hours at Savannah State University (SSU) without paying any additional fees. This program requires that the student register the transient courses to be taken at SSU with the Registrar's Office via completion of the Armstrong-Savannah State Exchange Program Form.  However, more than one half of the semester hours must be taken at the home university.