How It Works
The PirateCard is an essential key to your campus life at Armstrong. It allows you access to facilities, buildings, printing, and events. If you have a meal plan, the meals are accessible via your PirateCard along with the Flex Funds associated with the meal plan.
The PirateCard also acts as a prepaid debit card, which can be securely managed online. The online PirateCard management system, eAccounts, allows you to:
- Deposit funds to a variety of stored value accounts.
- View or print up to 3 monthly usage statements.
- Look at your transaction history.
- Disable your card if it is lost or stolen.
- Enable your card if you disabled it online.
There are five stored value accounts associated with your card. They are:
- Cardholder Managed Accounts
(Funds in these accounts are deposited and managed by you.)
- Pirate Cash - Can be used anywhere the PirateCard is accepted.
- Dining Dollars - Can be used at all Armstrong Dining Facilities and vending machines.
- Bookstore Bucks - Can be used at the Armstrong Bookstore.
- Armstrong Managed Accounts
(Funds in these accounts are deposited and managed by the University.)
- Pharos Cash - Every student receives $8.80 for printing each semester, use your PirateCard to utilize these funds at WEPA printing stations around the campus.
- Flex Funds - Students who purchase a traditional meal plan receive these funds to help supplement their dining expenses on campus.
Where It Works
Stored Value Account Purchasing
Review the chart below to learn where you can use your funds from the following stored value accounts on your PirateCard: Pirate Cash, Dining Dollars, Bookstore Bucks, Flex Funds, and Pharos Cash can be used at the locations listed below.
|Pirate Cash||Dining Dollars||Bookstore Bucks||Flex Funds||Pharos Cash|
You can use your meal plan swipes to enjoy all you can eat in the Galley. Additionally, you can use your swipes for a meal equivalent, valued at $4.00, at The Perk, The Patio Cafe, World of Wings, Quiznos, and Navigator Grill.
Many services on campus ask you to present your PirateCard before allowing entry in order to verify your eligibility to receive the service they provide. The following services require the PirateCard:
- Recreation Center
- Health Center
- Counseling Center
- Library (Book Checkout)
Your PirateCard allows you free and discounted admittance to many events on campus such as concerts, athletic events, and student activities.