What is Armstrong eClassroom (D2L)?
Armstrong eClassroom is the Learning Management System (LMS) used at Armstrong State University.
How do I gain access to my courses that I am teaching in the Armstrong eClassroom (D2L)?
If you are teaching a course and you have been named the primary Instructor for that course in SHIP, you should have access to your course(s) within 15 minutes. If that time has passed and you still do not have access to your course(s), please contact the Helpdesk at 912.344.2518.
What are the preferred browsers for Armstrong eClassroom?
Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari are preferred browsers for Armstrong eClassroom. Internet Explorer is not recommended.
- For fewer problems during the semester, disable automatic updates on your computer and do not update your browser or Java until the semester is over.
- Mac Users: Armstrong eClassroom supports Intel-based Macs. If you are using Safari, you should disable its pop-up blocker when using eClassroom. To disable the pop-up blocker, click Safari in the menu bar and uncheck Block Pop-Up Windows. Failing to disable the pop-up blocker may prevent you from completing some tasks in eClassroom, such as compose discussion board messages.
- System Check
What third party applications are available within the Armstrong eClassroom (D2L)?
The following third party applications are integrated into the Armstrong eClassroom and will not require additional authentication or links to access:
- Films on Demand
- LiveText (College of Education only)
- McGraw-Hill - Connect
- Pearson (Mastering Labs)
- Respondus LockDown Browser
Additional details about the third party integrations are available to review.
What resources are available?
- Attendance Tool
- Collaborate in eClassroom
- Content: Changing Font size and color
- Copying Content
- Copying Specific Content and Files
- Creating Quizzes in 10.7.0
- Deleting a Module or File
- Discussions: Creating
- Discussions: Grading
- Discussions: Posted
- Dropping a Student's Lowest Grade
- Export/Import from another Course
- Films on Demand
- Gradable Assignments Items
- Gradebook: Disassociating Items
- Gradebook: Set Up
- Grades: Manual Entry
- HTML within eClassroom
- Live Text in eClassroom
- Quiz: Force Submission
- Quiz: Resetting Attempt
- Quiz: Special Access
- Quiz: Submission Views
- Releasing Final Grades
- Test Creation
- Tools in the Dropdown Menu
- Turnitin Feedback Studio
- Turnitin in eClassroom
- Turnitin: Evaluating an Assignment with a Rubric
- User Progress
Are there additional resources?
A self-paced tutorial is available through Armstrong eClassroom titled "Armstrong Instructor Tutorial". This course has been updated to include training material for the current version in video format. If you do not see this in your course listing, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to have this added to your account.
Resources for Faculty provided by USG and D2L (formerly Desire2Learn)
Creating an Assessment in Word and Uploading with Respondus
Respondus Question Types
Server Setting for Respondus
Importing Questions to Respondus
Respondus Lockdown Browser - Faculty Quick Start Guide
Respondus Lockdown Browser - Student Quick Start Guide
How do I get support for the Armstrong eClassroom (D2L)?
IT Services Helpdesk and D2L Help Center are available to support faculty and students.
IT Services Helpdesk
Tech Center - https://techcenter.armstrong.edu
Use Port username and password information to access.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday - 8 am - 8 pm
Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The IT Services Helpdesk is closed during all observed University holidays.
D2L Help Center: http://D2Lhelp.view.usg.edu
This D2L Help Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.