Welcome to Armstrong State University, home to more than 260 international students from over 70 countries. The Office of International Education is organized to assist non-immigrant international students, faculty members, internationally-born citizens and permanent residents with orientation, academic advisement and adjustment to Armstrong and to the Savannah community. Additionally, our office helps promote, coordinate and administer study abroad and exchange programs that are developed by faculty and offered by the University System of Georgia.
As you start your studies in a new university and culture, the Office of International Education would like your stay at Armstrong to be as enjoyable as possible. You probably have many questions such as: Whom do I talk to when there is a problem? Where will I live? Where do I eat? This website provides you with information on living at the University, in the town of Savannah and in the United States. The Office of International Education staff, as well as many other members of the University community, are available to answer your questions and to assist in any way possible. Please contact us with your concerns or questions or just stop by to say "hello." We are looking forward to meeting you!
Armstrong State University aspires to prepare students with the global knowledge, attitudes and skills that will enable them to function as citizens of the world. The university actively supports a comprehensive approach to international education. This approach includes:
- study abroad and exchange programs for both students and faculty
- curriculum infused with international content
- certificate and degree programs that are comprised of international content
- recruitment and retention of international students
- support for faculty and staff
- the hosting of international visitors and lecturers
- a series of international events on campus that promote international awareness and an appreciation of global cultures.