Armstrong prides itself on its diverse, teaching-focused faculty. Each year, the office of faculty development administers the university's faculty service awards, which distinguish professors for exemplary work in the various aspects of their academic responsibilities.
New Faculty Award: Judge Ron Ginsberg Faculty Excellence Award
The Research, Scholarship and Awards Committee calls for nominations for the Judge Ron Ginsberg Faculty Excellence Award. Endowed by Water Utility Management, Inc. in honor of its board member, Judge Ron Ginsberg, this award recognizes the overall outstanding teaching (face-to-face, online or blended) of one full-time Armstrong faculty member in the 2016 calendar year.
The committee will accept one nomination per department, and nominations should come from the department chair. Nomination packages should include the following materials:
- A letter of nomination from the department chair: When writing the nomination letter, the department chair might consider referring to the nominee’s most recent annual faculty evaluation; however, the department chair may endorse the nominee in a way he/she deems most appropriate to reflect the nominee’s teaching performance.
- A letter of support from a student: Because the award reflects work during the 2016 calendar year, the letter of support should come from a student whom the nominee taught during that year.
- A document illustrating the nominee's teaching accomplishments during the 2016 calendar year: Not to exceed two pages, this document can provide additional evidence illustrating the nominee’s outstanding teaching accomplishments. Information may include, but is not limited to, the following: a list of classes taught, explanations of scholarship of teaching and learning projects, citations of teaching publications and/or conference presentations, a brief teaching philosophy, explanations of teaching awards, and abstracts of teaching and learning grants.
The Research, Scholarship and Awards Committee will review the applications and make a recommendation to the Provost. If members of the Research, Scholarship and Awards Committee are nominees, they must recuse themselves from the application review process. Should multiple members of the committee earn nominations, the chair of the committee may ask deans to nominate substitute faculty members to serve on that committee.
Nominees must submit complete electronic packages in .pdf format to the Office of Faculty Development and Online/Blended Learning via email to Faculty.Development@Armstrong.edu no later than 5:00 PM, ET Monday, March 20, 2017.
Other Faculty Awards and Nominating Colleagues:
Award for Distinguished Faculty Service to the Community
Alumni Award for Distinguished Faculty Service to the Academic Discipline
Award for Distinguished Faculty Service to the University
Award for Distinguished Service by a Part-Time Faculty Member
H. Dean Propst Award
Nominating colleagues for the Propst, Brockmeier or faculty service awards should follow the process below:
- Write and submit a letter highlighting the faculty member's accomplishments in terms of the award criteria.
- Attach the letter to a copy of the faculty member's curriculum vitae.
- Send letter and curriculum vitae to the the nominee's department head for a letter of support.
- The Department head will then scan and email the nomination to the Office of Faculty Development at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on March 20th, 2017.