Armstrong’s Center for Teaching and Learning supports faculty and instructional academic staff in their roles as teachers and teacher-scholars. It aims to promote excellence in teaching by making virtual programming, resources, and consultation available to Armstrong’s faculty.
In alignment with Armstrong’s strategic plan, the Center for Teaching and Learning supports faculty with intellectual, technological and other resources for designing, implementing, assessing, and researching innovative instructional strategies for the purpose of enhancing student success.
To promote a culture of reflective practice, teaching excellence, and the scholarship of teaching and learning for purposes of fostering success for the 21st century learner.
- Serve as a liaison between university faculty and faculty development opportunities across the University System of Georgia
- Respond to faculty regarding professional development, especially in areas related to instructional design and delivery, incorporating technology into teaching, balancing the manifold structure of faculty professional responsibilities.
- Recognize and reward excellence across the various aspects of faculty work: teaching, scholarship, service and professional development
- Engage in scholarly activities to contribute to the body of knowledge surrounding the field of innovative quality instruction.
- Collaborate with others to assist faculty in designing, implementing, and assessing innovative instruction.
- Communicate to the campus various opportunities for faculty development through different modalities.
Dr. Nancy Remler
Director, Center for Teaching and Learning
State Authorization Coordinator