Third Party Payment is the process we use to bill an outside organization for your tuition and/or fees. Third Party billing is unique in that the organization requires a bill from us before remitting payment. If you are expecting a third party to pay your tuition and other fees, you need to make special arrangements with us to bill that organization.
As a student receiving funds from a third party, you have the following responsibilities:
- Email email@example.com before the semester begins to let us know you're expecting third party payments. A bill authorization from your organization must be received as least two weeks prior to the payment deadline. If we do not have your authorization on file by the deadline, we cannot guarantee that your classes will not be canceled for non-payment.
- Provide your organization with the correct Bursar contact information for mailing the authorization to bill (seen below).
- Pay any charges that your organization does not cover by the payment deadline to avoid being canceled from your classes for non-payment.
- Check your student account balance regularly via PORT. If your third party payment has not been paid, either we did not receive the billing authorization, it is incomplete, or it has not yet been processed. All billing authorizations received at least two weeks prior to the payment deadline will be processed within five business days from receipt.
We must have a billing authorization from your organization on file in order for payment to be made. The authorization letter or voucher must be on your organization's letterhead, including the original signature of an official authorized to obligate payment by the company/ organization.
Send document, at least two weeks prior to the advertised payment deadline, to the following address:
We require authorization in order to establish a billing contract to bill your organization directly for payment of your student account charges. This billing authorization must:
- The authorization letter or voucher must itemize the type of charges that the organization will be responsible for like tuition, housing, and mandatory fees. The most up-to-date fee information can be found on our Tuition and Fee page.
- Separate invoice is needed for books and supplies. Please contact the Bookstore directly to inquire about direct billing.
- Stipulate the exact begin and end dates of the period for which the organization will pay your charges (note: if the organization wishes to continue paying after the established end date, a new bill authorization is needed). The authorization will only be valid for one academic year. Your organization must submit a new authorization each academic year, in order to continue the process.
- Indicate your full legal name and student ID number.
- Indicate the name, billing address, phone number, and email of the contact person at the organization that is responsible for payment.
Upon receipt of a valid billing authorization, we will apply a conditional credit to your student account, then bill the organization after the add/drop period. Students who do not receive full payment of all tuition, fees, and housing are responsible for paying all remaining charges by the payment deadline.
If your third party fails to pay the authorized charges within 60 days from when they are billed their conditional credit will be reversed and you will be responsible for the unpaid charges. A financial hold and late fees may be placed on your student account until the balance is paid in full. We encourage you to remain in contact with your organization until the terms of the billing authorization have been met.