Nelnet Prepayment Plans are available for enrollment via the PORT only. The enrollment process will be securely connected to your student account, so your plan will be for the exact amount due--no guessing or estimating! Start the enrollment process by logging in and clicking on the Payment Plan link in the Student Services box on the Home tab.
Spring 2016: Payment plan enrollment no longer available.
Summer 2016: Payment plan enrollment is now available.
Fall 2016: Payment plan enrollment begins July 1, 2016.
- Amounts over $5,500.00 cannot be financed using Nelnet; if your bill is larger than that, you must pay the difference or pay it along with your down payment when you sign up with Nelnet.
- The down payment amount is paid directly to Nelnet--do not pay us for your down payment or any subsequent payments. We do not send funds to Nelnet, either from your personal payments or your Financial Aid.
- E-Cashier imports estimated Financial Aid amounts, including loans, Pell, and Hope--as long as the amounts are already authorized by the Office of Financial Aid. If your aid is not authorized when enrolling, please contact Financial Aid to inquire.
- E-Cashier places a special flag on your student record, so we can identify plan enrollees.
- Your balances will not be reduced right away. Nelnet will pay the school in two payments later on in the term. A memo balance will be placed on your student account until payment has been received and disbursed to your account.
- Plans may be automatically increased or decreased at our discretion and only on certain dates. Increases and decreases applied will be in compliance with NACHA rules for automatic drafts. Increases and decreases are performed at the discretion of the Office of the Bursar.
- Down payments returned for insufficient funds or other errors will terminate plan agreements. If down payments fail after the enrollment deadline, you will not be eligible to re-enroll in a plan and will be responsible to pay your student account directly for all charges.
- All down payments are processed immediately! Please plan accordingly.
|Last Day to Enroll Online||Required Down Payment||Number of Payments||Months of Payments|
|Mar 25 (enrollment fee: $50)||35%||4||Apr-July|
|Apr 22 (enrollment fee: $60)||35%||3||May-July|
|May 20 (enrollment fee: $70)||50%||2||June & July|
|June 1 (enrollment fee: $70)||50%||1||July only|
- Automatic Bank Payments (ACH)
- Credit Card/Debit Card (MC, Disc, AMEX, VISA)
If you elect to use a credit or debit card, your monthly payment, along with a convenience fee, will be automatically charged to the credit card you designate. The convenience fee is in addition to the enrollment fee. Payment methods can only be changed under certain circumstances, so choose your method wisely.
Scheduled payments are processed on the 5th of the month and will continue until the balance is paid in full. Down payments and the enrollment fee are deducted immediately.
Steps to Enroll
- Go to the Port of Armstrong
- Choose the Payment Plans link from the Student Services menu
- View and verify account information in SHIP
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the E-Cashier link to begin the enrollment process
Tips for Payment Plan Success
- Do not attempt to make a down payment directly to Armstrong--make plan payments directly to Nelnet Business Solutions.
- If the Payment Plans link does not work the first time you click on it, go back and click on SHIP first. Then go back to the Home tab and try the payment plan link again.
- If you get an error that has numbers in it ( for example: 201508), you may not have the correct term selected in SHIP. Click on the SHIP link and select the current term. Then go back and click on the Payment Plans link again.
- If you still cannot get the link to work, you may need to reset your SHIP PIN. Call our Registrar's office at 912.344.2576 for a PIN reset, or email email@example.com.
- Choose a payment method you can live with--you will not be able to make adjustments to another type of payment later.
- Even after you sign up for a payment plan, you may still receive balance notices from us at the beginning of the term.
For additional help, please call Nelnet Business Solutions at 800.609.8056. Customer service representatives are available Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CST), and Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.