As the designated office of official data collection and reporting for Armstrong State University, the mission of the Office of Institutional Research (IR) is to provide campus administrators, faculty, staff, students, alumni and other stakeholders with timely, verifiable, objective and accurate information to support the mission of the University.
Scope of Functions
In carrying out its responsibilities, the Office of Institutional Research supports the mission, vision and goals of Armstrong State University by performing a broad array of services. These include:
- Providing the University administrators with information that supports institutional strategic planning, policy formation and decision making.
- Performing internal and external environmental scanning and projecting future trends and needs.
- Producing descriptive profiles of students and faculty and longitudinal analyses of student demographics.
- Generating analytical reports of student attrition and graduation rates.
- Providing data about the institution to external regulatory agencies such as federal, state and regional governments. Coordinating the University's reporting obligations to the Georgia Board of Regents and other external agencies.
- Designing, conducting, analyzing and disseminating the results of analytical studies including entering student survey, student satisfaction survey, graduate exit survey, faculty and course evaluation survey and non-returning student survey.
- Compiling, publishing and disseminating the university's annual Fact Book and Enrollment Executive Summary.
- Preparing various reports for the Board of Regents and the federal government, including the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), benchmarking reports, program review data, NCCA reports and other ad hoc reports.
- Developing and disseminating disaggregated data to administrative offices, academic departments, and university committees in a manner that supports the goals of non-academic, academic, financial, and general administrative operations.
- Creating and maintaining relationship with professional associations and participating in state and national conferences.
- Providing analytical and consulting services to University committees and departments on as-needed basis.
- Performing other duties as assigned.