Mission and Philosophy
Not-for-profit Road Scholar inspires adults to learn, discover and travel. Our learning adventures engage expert instructors, provide extraordinary access, and stimulate discourse and friendship among people for whom learning is the journey of a lifetime.
Why We Value Diversity:
Road Scholar values diversity as a dynamic and integral part of a thriving educational community. We strive to embody the rich diversity of our society and welcome all adults to experience the adventure of lifelong learning with us.
Student Learning Outcomes
Armstrong Road Scholar utilizes a required, national Road-Scholar-standardized, web-based evaluation system that is offered to all program participants; therefore, the Armstrong Road Scholar office does not have the opportunity to individualize its learning outcomes. Respondents have a detailed selection of criteria that they rate based on their personal experiences and opinions. The Armstrong Road Scholar offices endeavors to achieve the following objectives:
- Increase participants’ knowledge of Savannah’s unique, extensive history as well as enhance their understanding of how the city’s past has sculpted its present identity.
- Enable participants to gain an appreciation for Savannah’s rich, diverse culture by exposing them to the area’s people, music, cuisine, art, and architecture.
- Ensure that participants are satisfied with all staff involved in the program, the overall program content (educational content, interesting material, variety, etc.) and overall value of the program, as well as the quality of the accommodations, meeting space, materials, transportation, and meals included with the program.
- Read the 2015-2016 Assessment of Learning Outcomes
- Read the 2014-2015 Assessment of Learning Outcomes
- Read the 2013-2014 Assessment of Learning Outcomes
- Read the 2012-2013 Assessment of Learning Outcomes
- Read the 2011-2012 Assessment of Learning Outcomes
- Read the 2010-2011 Assessment of Learning Outcomes
- Read the 2009-2010 Assessment of Learning Outcomes
- Read the 2008-2009 Assessment of Learning Outcomes