Armstrong understands the challenges associated with pursing educational and career opportunities while balancing factors such as work, time, travel, and family. Therefore, Armstrong brings world-class courses taught by world-class faculty to you through online and blended programs. Through innovative technology, advising, and online co-curricular programming, Armstrong brings the academic and campus experience to you!
What You Can Expect
- An online environment focused on academic success, community, and assisting students to pursue and attain educational and career goals
- World-class courses taught by world-class faculty
- Rigorous academic courses with innovative assignments that engage students in real-life activities
- Opportunities to interact with faculty and classmates from around the United States and the world
- Co-curricular programming that enables students to become involved in student organizations, honor societies, student-alumni events, and much more
- Opportunity to become a “Pirate” and an member of Armstrong’s Alumni Association
- A dedicated point of contact and advisor who will serve as a mentor and provide you with answers when you need them.
The first step to student success is knowing if online or blended learning is for you. Complete the Online Readiness Assessment to learn more about your strengths and areas that you may need to develop to before enrolling in an online or blended program. Armstrong is committed to assisting you achieve your academic and career goals so we encourage you to learn more about student success by reviewing the materials relating to student readiness.
Online Readiness Assessment
Complete Armstrong Online's Student Readiness Self-Assessment to measure your readiness for online and blended program formats.
Online & Blended Student Success
- How Students Develop Online Learning Skills
- Top 10 Time-Management Tips for Online Students
- Email Netiquette
- Netiquette Guidelines (PDF)
The technical requirements for Armstrong’s online and blended programs are provided below.
- Operating System: A Windows operating system is recommended. Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7; Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
- Processor: 1 GHz recommended
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM recommended
- Disk Space: 1 GB free disk space is required for software installation
- Internet: Students must have regular access to the internet to connect to courses offered through Armstrong’s online and blended programs
- Internet Browsers: Firefox 3.6, Internet Explorer 7or 8, or Safari 5 recommended
- Compatibility Check: If you have already downloaded and installed the recommended internet browser, use this link to run a compatibility check.
- Modem: Cable or DSL recommended
- Plug-ins: The following plug-ins are required for online and blended programs: Adobe Reader, Java, QuickTime Player, RealOne Player, and Windows Media Player. Note:These plug-ins are available free of charge from the sites
- Software: Microsoft Office 2007 or later is required
- Anti-Virus Software: Anti-virus software strongly recommended
- Sound Card, Microphone, and Speakers: A working sound card, speakers, and microphone required
- Monitor: A minimum 800 x 600 resolution required; 1024 x 768 resolution recommended
- Disk Drive: A CD-Rom drive required
- Printer: Access to graphics-capable printer
It is recommended that all students configure their computer prior to beginning their courses.check the configurations of your computer here.