For Spring 2018 Admits Only
Fall 2018 students will be receiving updated next steps in January 2018 after the consolidation is complete.
Step 1: ACTIVATE your Port of Armstrong student account
- Port of Armstrong is your gateway to most of the technology resources you will need as an Armstrong student.
- Go to port.armstrong.edu
- Find your Port ID and your Student ID (907#) using the 907 and PortID Lookup link on the login page
- Sign in with your Port ID. The first time you sign in, the password is your birthday—MMDDYY
- Please note it may take 24-48 hours after you're accepted before your Port ID is activated
- If you have trouble logging in, contact IT Services at 912.344.2518 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: COMMIT to Armstrong by paying the New Student Enrollment Payment
- Fall 2018 admits will not pay the New Student Enrollment Payment. Fall 2018 students will submit payment during the new SOAR orientation online registration beginning in March.
- This $55 payment will secure your spot at Armstrong and allow you to register for Navigate, Armstrong's new student orientation program.
- Submit your payment early in order to have first access to selecting your Navigate session.
- To submit your New Student Enrollment Payment:
- Log in to your Port of Armstrong account at port.armstrong.edu and choose Touchnet Bill Pay System from the Student Services menu.
- Navigate to the eDeposits tab, select your entry term, choose Transfer/Nontraditional Student and follow the payment instructions.
Step 3: APPLY for Financial Aid
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available at fafsa.ed.gov
- The FAFSA priority deadline is March 15 and Armstrong's school code is 001546
- Go to finaid.armstrong.edu for steps to receiving other forms of financial aid, such as scholarships
- Check your financial aid status and account balance on the Student Accounts & Financial Aid tab in SHIP via Port of Armstrong
- You will be able to review your awards, accept or decline any awards, and check your balance when available
- Contact: Office of Financial Aid at 912.344.3266 or email@example.com
Step 4: Apply for On-campus Housing
- We have many options and styles of housing to fit your needs
- Go to housing.armstrong.edu for information about housing options and how to apply
- Contact: Housing & Residence Life at 912.344.2940 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 5: SIGN UP for Navigate Orientation
- Your attendance at new student orientation is required. Fall 2018 admits will register for SOAR orientation beginning in March and will submit payment online during the registration.
- Navigate is your one-stop shop to:
- Learn about campus services and resources that set Armstrong apart from other schools
- Meet with an academic advisor to register for classes
- Receive your official student ID card
- Meet your fellow Pirates and so much more
- Pre-register for your session early by submitting your New Student Enrollment payment, as sessions fill up quickly!
- Register online to attend and visit www.armstrong.edu/navigate for more information
- Contact: Office of Student Life at 912.344.2504 or email@example.com
Step 6: CHECK your residency status
- Resident means we have determined that you are a Georgia resident and you will be charged in-state tuition
- Non-resident means the information you provided indicated you are not a resident of Georgia or you did not provide enough information to be classified as a Georgia resident
- For information about residency classification or to review out-of-state tuition waiver options, visit armstrong.edu/residency
- View your residency status at armstrong.edu/checkstatus
Step 7: SEND required documents
- Before you can attend your Navigate Orientation session, you must:
- Send in your completed immunization form
- If you are a Georgia resident, please provide proof of lawful presence
Armstrong State University
Office of Admissions
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
- Contact: Office of Admissions at 912.344.2503 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 8: SUBMIT your final college transcript(s), if applicable
- Office of Admissions must receive your final college transcripts to process your in-progress grades