For Spring/Summer 2018 only
What happens after I am admitted?
- Once you have been admitted, you will receive a phone call and email from the Office of Academic Advising and Support to schedule your advising appointment.
- You may bring a parent/guardian to your advising appointment or you may come alone.
- Your advisor will discuss the courses you may need to graduate and work with you to determine what courses you should take at your high school and what courses you should take at Armstrong.
- You will be registered for your courses. Please take note of the days and times the courses meet.
- Transportation is not provied by Armstrong, so you will need to make sure that you can get to class on time.
- You will be assigned a student ID number (907 number). Memorize this number.
What do I do after I am registered?
- Once you are registered, you will be instructed to complete your MOWR scholarship application*.
- When you complete this application, your high school counselor will be notified and they will complete their portion of the application.
- Homeschool students or students without a social security number must submit a paper MOWR scholarship application*.
- You will be assigned an Armstrong email where we will send all official communication. Check it regularly.
- Obtain your credentials and Log into Port
- If you are taking a science or language course you will need to pay your lab fees through Touchnet.
- If you have an interest in housing, you must apply and pay for housing and meals before classes begin.
*A new application must be completed and submitted each term, i.e. fall, winter, spring or summer, you plan to enroll in college with MOWR.
What do I do before I attend classes?
In June (Summer admits), August (Fall admits) or January (Spring admits) you will be required to attend an orientation session with your parents.
- At orientation you will:
- Learn how to be a successful college student
- Be introduced to the resources available at Armstrong
- Visit the bookstore to obtain your textbooks and sign your rental agreement
- Have the opportunity to purchase a parking decal (be sure to know the license plate number of your car)
- Receive your student ID card (you must bring a photo ID to get it)
- You may add money to your Pirate card to pay for meals on campus.
Your attendance and the attendance of at least one parent/guardian is mandatory. Dates will be provided by your Advisor.