Recognizing the need to provide talented high school students with options for advanced study, the University System of Georgia (USG) formed a Dual Enrollment program, Move On When Ready (MOWR), that allows qualifying high school students to enroll in USG colleges and universities and to receive college credits while completing their high school graduation requirements. As a MOWR student you will pay no fees for tuition or books to take courses at Armstrong. You will only pay minimal fees such as lab fees or parking fees. Students who begin in their sophomore or junior year may be able to complete an associates degree at the same time they graduate from high school.
Together the Office of Admissions and the Office of Academic Advisement lead the campus in enthusiastic support of this program, welcoming these students onto our campus. Check out the links below and to the left for specific information on the dual enrollment programs offered at Armstrong.
To qualify for admission
- Be on track to complete the University System of Georgia's Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) requirements
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 (or a minimum numeric average of 80) in all academic courses
- Meet the following score requirements on the SAT I (Old SAT), New SAT or ACT
(MARCH 2016 and beyond)
Critical Reading minimum: 440
|Reading Test minimum:
|English minimum: 18|
|Math Section minimum:
Combined (Critical Reading and Math)
|Total Score (out of 1600) minimum: 1050||Composite minimum: 20|
Please note: Not all high schools in GA have elected to participate in the MOWR program. Not all courses that a student wishes to take are approved for MOWR by the GA Department of Education. Please check with your school. If your high school does not participate or if you wish to take an unapproved course, you may attend as a Joint Enrollment student; however, you will be responsible for all tuition and fees.
MOWR Admission Checklist
To apply for admission, a student must submit the following:
- Complete the online undergraduate application through GA Futures
- You will need to have a GA Futures account
- For your admission type, select K: Dual Enrollment: Students interested in earning college credit at Armstrong while dual enrolled in high school courses
- For your Planned Course of Study, select "undeclared"
- Select Fee Waiver when asked to pay a fee to submit your application. MOWR students do not pay an application fee.
- MOWR Participation Agreement (required for each semester of enrollment in MOWR)
- Official High School Transcripts (in a sealed envelope)
- Official SAT or ACT scores (sent directly to Admissions from College Board, ACT, or included on high school transcript)
- Completed Immunization Form
- Documents may be submitted in 3 ways:
|By mail||Armstrong State University
Office of Admissions
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
|By fax||912.344.3417 ATTN: MOWR (Tiffany Donald)|
|By email@example.com ATTN: MOWR (Tiffany Donald)|
Don't forget these Important Deadlines
|Deadlines for Semester||Spring 2017||Summer 2017||Fall 2017|
|Application and Document Deadline||December 15||April 15||July 1|
|Mini-mester Deadline||February 17||Not available||September 25|
|FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Priority Deadline||August 3||March 5||March 15|
What happens after I submit my documents?
- Once your application and supporting documents, immunization form, and MOWR participation form are received an admissions decision will be made within 2 weeks.
- You will receive an admission decision letter in the mail to the address on your application.