The Summer 18 enrollment/waiver process for mandatory students opens April 2, 2018. Please watch your email for further details!
The Board of Regents partners with United Health Care to provide an insurance plan for college students. Students at Armstrong have the opportunity to sign up for health insurance during either the fall, spring or summer semesters. Click here for plan information for domestic students. Click here for plan information for international students.
All Institutions of The University of System of Georgia are required to participate in the Student Health Insurance Program (USG SHIP). Rates are set by the University System of Georgia.
There are three types of insurance that Armstrong students can register for:
- Voluntary Insurance
- Mandatory Insurance
- Graduate Insurance
The USG SHIP for mandatory (with hard waiver) participation includes the following USG recognized student categories:
- All graduate students receiving a Full Tuition Waiver as part of their graduate assistantship toward as determined by Armstrong.
- All undergraduate, graduate and ESL international students holding F or J visas.
- All undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in programs that require proof of health insurance as determined by Armstrong.
- All graduate students receiving fellowships that fully fund their tuition as determined by Armstrong.
If you are required to have student health insurance, review your options to confirm enrollment or apply to waive the insurance.
If you are not required to have student health insurance, but you would like to purchase insurance, review your options to enroll.
Open Enrollment (voluntary students) for Summer 18 will be open April 2, 2018 through June 30, 2018
The Summer 18 waiver/enrollment process for mandatory students opens April 2, 2018. Waiver Deadline is June 11, 2018.
- Graduate Assistants (GA's) – Paula Smith
- Mandatory Students – Contact your respective department
- International Students – Kristin Kasting
- Voluntary Students - Paula Smith
For all other questions or concerns, please contact Paula Smith at 912.344.2514 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.