The Spring 18 enrollment/waiver process for mandatory students opens November 6, 2017. Please watch your Armstrong email for further details!
The Board of Regents partners with United Health Care to provide an insurance plan for college students. Students at Armstrong have the opportunity to sign up for health insurance during either the fall, spring or summer semesters. Click here for plan information for domestic students. Click here for plan information for international students.
All Institutions of The University of System of Georgia are required to participate in the Student Health Insurance Program (USG SHIP). Rates are set by the University System of Georgia.
There are three types of insurance that Armstrong students can register for:
- Voluntary Insurance
- Mandatory Insurance
- Graduate Insurance
The USG SHIP for mandatory (with hard waiver) participation includes the following USG recognized student categories:
- All graduate students receiving a Full Tuition Waiver as part of their graduate assistantship toward as determined by Armstrong.
- All undergraduate, graduate and ESL international students holding F or J visas.
- All undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in programs that require proof of health insurance as determined by Armstrong.
- All graduate students receiving fellowships that fully fund their tuition as determined by Armstrong.
If you are required to have student health insurance, review your options to confirm enrollment or apply to waive the insurance.
If you are not required to have student health insurance, but you would like to purchase insurance, review your options to enroll.
Open Enrollment (voluntary students) for Spring 18 will be open November 6, 2017 through January 31, 2018
The Spring 18 waiver/enrollment process for mandatory students opens November 6, 2017. Waiver Deadline is January 12, 2018.
- Graduate Assistants (GA's) – Paula Smith
- Mandatory Students – Contact your respective department
- International Students – Kristin Kasting
- Voluntary Students - Paula Smith
For all other questions or concerns, please contact Paula Smith at 912.344.2514 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.