The Nick Mamalakis Emerging Leader Program is a leadership development program for freshman and sophomore students. The program will be highly interactive with participants taking a major role in each program. Mini-lectures, skill building workshops, and human potential exercises will provide hands-on training for the participants to learn to be more effective as a person and as a leader. This year we will be offering a specialized track for students who are also members of Fraternities and Sororities on campus.
There is no cost to students who are chosen to participate in the program.
What is the purpose of the program?
- To assist students with their transition into college leadership opportunities.
- To teach students the skills needed to be successful in leadership positions.
- To enable students to discover within themselves the qualities that make them effective people and leaders.
- To help direct new students into appointed and elected leadership positions that are available on campus.
- To develop new students as leaders so their marketability upon graduation is improved.
Benefits to being an Emerging Leader
- Connections: Each student will have multiple opportunities to meet and create relationships with current student leaders and community leaders.
- Mentorship: Each student will receive 1:1 mentorship and support for the achievement of their personal goals for campus and community leadership.
- Immersion: Each student will have opportunities to participate in various service projects on campus.
- Experience: Each student will have opportunities to lead other students toward the achievement of a common goal.
- Exploration: Each student will be able to explore the various student leadership positions currently available on campus through mini-internships.
What topics are covered in the program?
- Leadership Styles
- Consensus Seeking
- Servant Leadership
- Coalition Building
- Customer Service and Leadership
- Leadership and Reward
- Ethics in Leadership
- Communication Skills and the Leader
- Table Manners and Courtesy
- How to be a Good Leader
- How to be a Good Follower
How do I apply to the program?
Interested Students may apply here! Applications are due by 5:00 pm on August 28. 2017.