Multiple scholarship opportunities are available for undergraduate and graduate students at all levels through the Honors Program.
Presidential Honors Scholarship
Priority Deadline is January 15th.
All other applications will be reviewed as they are received.
What is the Presidential Honors Scholarship?
In short, it is Armstrong Atlantic State University's largest and most prestigious scholarship. It is awarded to the most qualified incoming freshmen who crave the most out of the college experience. This is a $19,500 package that will include money for its winners to go on a study abroad experience. Armstrong is involved actively in programs in England, France, Mexico, Denmark, Greece, the Dominican Republic, Estonia, Argentina, Ecuador, India, Ireland, the Czech Republic, and Germany. Students may also select from dozens of other accredited programs as other possibilities. As part of their scholarship, Presidential Scholars would also be required to serve as Honors Ambassadors.
- Presidential Honors Application, must be returned by mail, fax, or as an email attachment. We will begin review of applications as they are received.
- Typical applicant should have an SAT score of at least 1200, and a high school GPA of at least 3.50.
- Applicants must be HOPE eligible and remain HOPE eligible. For non-Georgians this translates to a minimum of 3.0 GPA in college prep courses. Once awarded, scholars must maintain a GPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Winners must be enrolled as full-time students to accept the award.
- Scholars will be expected to participate actively in the Armstrong Honors Program.
- As an Honors Ambassador, scholars must participate in at least 60% of Honors Ambassador events each semester including, but not limited to, campus preview days, Navigate Armstrong sessions, and other recruiting initiatives for the Honors Program.
- Scholars will be selected on the basis of SAT/ACT scores, high school GPA, academic honors, extracurricular activities, and application essay.
The scholarship provides $2,000 per semester for eight consecutive semesters, plus up to $3,500 for a study abroad experience following your sophomore or junior year.
Winners of this scholarship will sign a promissory letter stating that they will graduate from Armstrong with Honors.
Selected applicants will not need to reapply for this scholarship. Winners may lose scholarship if his or her total GPA falls below 3.20 after the first semester or 3.40 after any other semester.
Scholarships for Upper Level and Graduate Students
- Goldwater Scholarships (3.0)