The library offers a number of books and research sources to students.
The LRC offers free tutoring to Armstrong students and other study resources to help students in the study of foreign languages.
Consultants are available to all students to help develop reading and writing skills.
This online writing lab offers a variety of resources for research and writing and helpful tutorials on grammar and mechanics.
LLP Writing Contest
The department of Languages, Literature, and Philosophy conducts an annual essay contest. The department honors the winners at an annual awards luncheon. All students are eligible to enter in the following categories:
- ENGL 1101
- ENGL 1102
- ENGL 2000 level courses
- ENGL upper level courses
- Foreign Language
- Multimodal Composition
Students may submit in multiple categories, but they may only submit one essay per category. Students should talk to their professors before submitting essays to the contests.
Submission guidelines are as follows:
- Essays should be saved as Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx will do) documents or in Rich Text Format (.rtf).
- Submit essays to the following email address: Annie.Mendenhall@armstrong.edu with the words Writing Contest Submission in the subject heading.
- The essays should be in legible attached documents with student ID numbers but no other identifying information (no names, no teachers’ names).
In the message box of the email, write the following information:
- Student Name
- Student ID number
- Most reliable phone number(s)
- Course Name
- Instructor and the nature of the assignment.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 15, 2017