Advisor, Tau Chi chapter of Tribeta (National Biological Honor Society)
Office: SC 1017
- BIOL 1107 - Principles of Biology I
- BIOL 1108 - Principles of Biology II
- BIOL 1108H - Principles of Biology II (Honors)
- BIOL 2275 - Microorganisms and Disease
- BIOL 3300 - Entomology
- BIOL 3050 - General Ecology
- BIOL 3240 - Invasive Species
- BIOL 4750 - Tropical Field Biology in the Florida Keys
- BIOL 4910 - Research
- BIOL 4950 - Internship
- BIOL 4970 - Special Topics: Gerogia Biogeohistory
- BIOL 4970 - Special Topics: Tropical Field Ecology in Ecuador
- Professor of Biology - Armstrong State University, 2014 - Present
- Interim Department Head - Armstrong State University, 2011 - 2013
- Associate Professor - Armstrong State University, 2008 - 2014
- Assistant Professor - Armstrong State University, 2002 - 2008
- Post-Doctoral Fellow - South Carolina Fish and Wildlife Research Unit - Clemson University, 2002
- Ph.D. – Zoology - Clemson University, 2002
- M.S. – Entomology - Clemson University, 1996
- B.S. – Entomology - University of Florida, 1994
- Insect-plant interactions
- Ecological effects of invasive species (red imported fire ant)
(* indicates undergraduate students)
- Zettler, J. K. Adams*, B. Frederick*, A. Gutting*, N. Ingebretsen*, A. Ragsdale*, and A. Schrey. Genetic Structure of Pseudococcus microcirculus (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae) Populations on Epiphytic Orchids in South Florida. Accepted for publication in the Journal of Genetics.
- Zettler, J., S. Mateer, M. Link-Perez, J. Brofft Bailey, G. DeMars, and T. Ness. 2016. To key or not to key: a new key to simply and improve the accuracy of insect identification. The American Biology Teacher 78: 626-633.
- Gutting, A.*, J. Zettler, L. Zettler, and L. Richardson. 2015. An update on mealybugs and scale insects (Hemiptera) on native epiphytic orchids in South Florida, including a new record for Pseudococcus microcirculus (Pseudococcidae). Florida Entomologist 98: 401-404.
- Zettler, L. and J. Zettler. 2013. Boisduval scale in the Fakahatchee: North America's orchid capital under siege. Orchids, The Bulletin of the American Orchid Society 82: 30-35.
- Zettler, J., L. Zettler, and L. Richardson. 2012. Pestiferous scale insects on native epiphytic orchids in South Florida: a new threat posed by introduced species. Southeastern Naturalist 11: 127-134.
- Zettler, J. A. Collier, B. Leidersdorf, and M. Sanou*. 2010. Plants in your ants: using ant mounds to test basic ecological principles. The American Biology Teacher 72: 172-175.
- Zettler, J. M. Taylor, T. Spira, and C. Allen. 2004. Clear-cutting and its consequences for native and invasive, non-indigenous ants. Annals of the Entomological Society of America 97: 513-518.
- Bale, M.*,J. Zettler, B. Robinson, T. Spira, and C. Allen. 2003. Yellow jackets may be an underestimated component of an ant-seed mutualism. Southeastern Naturalist 2: 609-614.
- Zettler, J., T. McInnis, C. Allen, and T. Spira. 2002. Biodiversity of fungi in fire ant mounds. Annals of the Entomological Society of America 95: 487-491.
- Zettler, J., T. Spira, and C. Allen. 2001. Ant-seed mutualisms: can red imported fire ants sour the relationship? Biological Conservation 101: 249-253.