One of the most important tasks you will perform in your university years is developing a good working relationship with your advisor in the Department of Art, Music & Theatre. Initially you may be advised by College of Liberal Art faculty advisors during your first year. See our Advisement & Registration page for more details.
You may qualify for one of our merit-based scholarships. See the Scholarships page for more information.
An organization dedicated to promoting an exchange of ideas in graphic design, open discussions of matters of design and raising awareness of design on campus. Open to any Armstrong students with an interest in graphic design.
Advisor: Angela Horne
Dept: Art, Music & Theatre
Student Chapter of the NAEA
An organization dedicated to promoting an exchange of ideas in art education on campus. Associated with two professional art education groups: the National Art Education Association and the Georgia Art Education Association. The purposes of this organization are:
- To provide a smooth transition from art education preparation to professional practice.
- To raise and maintain a high standard of quality art education on campus and in the community.
- To gain greater insight and perspective about the teaching of art and contemporary concepts in art education.
- To sponsor service projects such as exhibitions, speakers, workshops, etc.
- To promote an exchange of ideas in art education.
- To enlist future teachers from high school, promoting as a career both art education and other areas of art.
- A Life Time of Color
- Art-Support (Site for Fine Arts Photographers)
- Arts Ed Net: The Getty's Art Ed /
- Caves of Lascaux
- COE Blog
- COE LiveText
- GA Dept. of Education
- GA Department of Education Georgia Performance Standards
- GA Professional Standards Commission (PSC)
- Georgia Art Education Association
- Graphic Artist Guild
- Hands on Crafts
- HOW Design
- Kennedy Center
- Metropolitan Museum of Art- Art Safari
- Museum of Modern Art
- National Art Education Association
- National Gallery of Art- The Art Zone
- National Gallery of Art for Kids
- New Horizons for Learning
- Print - Design for Curious Minds
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- The Dali Museum
- The Guggenheim Museum
- The Incredible Art Department
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The National Gallery of Art
- The National Gallery of Art Classroom
- The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago
- The Smithsonian American Art Museum and the Renwick Gallery
- The Tate Museum
- Visual Thinking Strategies