February 1 to February 12, 2016
Armstrong State University
Department of Art, Music & Theatre
Extension Deadline: December 15
This is a juried student art exhibition held in the Fine Arts Gallery and open to all work completed by students at Armstrong State University. Decisions by the judge will be final. Students may enter up to three works of art.
The jurying process includes two steps. First, students need to submit high-resolution images of their work along with the online application. Submissions should be in JPEG format, no larger than 700 pixels wide or high, and a resolution of 72 dpi. Each photo should be approximately one megabyte.
Please label image files in the following format:
Here is an example:
Second, after the judge decides what artwork is entered into the exhibition, students need to deliver their art to the gallery on January 27. The judge will then jury the awards in person.
All 2-D work must be matted or mounted with a firm backing. Ideally, the 2-D work should be framed with hanging wire installed on the back of the frame. Another option would be to matte your work and adhere foam core board to the back and install a wire for hanging. Both of these options would allow your work to be ready for hanging. It is the artist's responsibility to prepare the work for hanging on the wall.
There is no fee to enter the exhibition and awards will be given during the reception. Work offered for sale should be marked with a sale price. Those not offered for sale should be marked “NFS” (Not For Sale). All requests for purchase of works will be referred to the student artists. Students are responsible for delivering and removing work at appropriate times*.
Below are some examples of websites that demonstrate how to properly photograph 2-D and 3-D artwork.
The following are examples of 2-D and 3-D artwork.
Example of a 2-D Digital Image
Watercolor on Paper
Example of a 3-D Image
- December 15, 2015: Online submission deadline. Submit your application material, no later than 4:45pm.
- January 4, 2016: Announce entry results and send selected-submission forms.
- January 25, 2016: Drop off selected artwork at the gallery before 4:30pm.
- January 27, 2016: In-person award selection.
- February 1, 2016: Exhibition opens.
- February 3, 2016: Reception 12 to 1:30pm.
- February 12, 2016: Last day of the exhibition.
- February 15, 2016: All artwork needs to be collected and removed from the gallery.
*Gallery not responsible for any artwork left in the gallery after February 19.