Maymester Classes Begin May 9
Are you a current Armstrong student who would like to pick up a few extra credits before summer? Would you like to “get ahead” and make the most of your time after the Spring 2017 semester ends?
Armstrong’s new Maymester term will offer a selection of undergraduate classes from May 9-26, 2017. Core classes and advanced courses are available in subjects including Biology, English, Chemistry, Economics, Astronomy and Psychology.
Maymester is designed for continuing students at Armstrong, particularly those working toward a certificate, an associate's degree or a bachelor's degree.
Check out the Maymester schedule and register now! If you have not yet been advised, please contact Armstrong’s Office of Academic Advising and Support at Advise.Me@armstrong.edu or 912.344.2570.
|CRN||Course Number||Course Title||Days and Times||Instructor|
|51254||ASTR 1010-002||ASTRONOMY OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM||Monday - Friday 2pm – 4:45pm||Clifford Wayne Padgett|
|51259||BIOL 3030 001||EVOLUTION||Monday - Friday 2pm – 4:45pm||Jay Hodgson|
|51256||CHEM 4600 002||ADV TOPICS INTERDISC CHEM||Monday - Friday 8:05am – 10:50am||Sarah Gray|
|51260||ECON 4010 001||S.P. TOPICS IN ECON: ECON IN TOURISM||Monday - Thursday 8am – 11:25am||Michael J. Toma|
|51267||ENGL 3700 002||INTRO TO COMMUNICATIONS||Monday - Friday 2pm – 4:45pm||Lisa Dusenberry|
|51270||HIST 3660 001||TOPICS IN W&G: HISTORY OF WONDER WOMAN||Monday- Thursday 12pm - 3:25 pm||Felicity Turner|
|51283||NURS 4213 001||INTRO FORENSIC NURSING & THE LAW||Monday- Thursday 12pm - 3:25 pm||TBA|
|51268||PHIL 2010 003||INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY||Monday - Thursday, 12pm - 3:25pm||Julie Swanstrom|
|51288||POLS 3990 001||TOPICS: PRESIDENT, LAW & WAR||Monday- Thursday 12pm - 3:25 pm||Andrew Wright|
|51257||PSYC 1101 003||INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY||Monday - Friday, 11am – 1:45pm||Joshua L. Williams|
|51258||PSYC 3100 002||PSYCHOLOGY OF HUMAN SEXUALITY||Monday - Friday, 11am – 1:45pm||Nancy McCarley|
|51255||SCIE 1000 001||INTRO SCIENTIFIC INQUIRY||Monday - Friday, 8:05am – 10:50am||Lea Padgett|
What is the Maymester schedule for May 2017?
Maymester classes begin on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 and run through Friday, May 26, 2017. Midterms will be administered on Wednesday, May 17. Final exams will take place on Friday, May 26. The Maymester term will end before the Memorial Day holiday weekend.
Is housing available on campus for Maymester?
Yes. Please contact Armstrong’s Housing and Residence Life Office at 912.344.2940 or email@example.com for additional information or to sign up for Maymester housing on campus.
What about dining services?
The Pirate Pantry will be open, and the university food truck will be available for lunch during the Maymester session. The Galley will be closed.
Can I use my financial aid for Maymester?
All Maymester tuition and fees must be paid prior to the start of classes on May 9, 2017. Please contact the Financial Aid office at 912.344.3266 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss eligibility.
Advice on Maymester Form:
• Recommends taking only one course during Maymester
• Please see your advisor to discuss if a Maymester course is right for you
• Payment deadline is May 10th
• It is $884 for 1 course (tuition & fees)
• Most fees are cut in half for courses less than 5 weeks
• Financial Aid is not available before the Maymester payment deadline (May 10th).
• If you are eligible, you may be reimbursed financial aid funds later in the Summer term.
• To be eligible for a student loan, you must be enrolled at least half-time (6 hours for undergraduate students).
• Students enrolled in Maymester are eligible to reside in their current on-campus space (unless assigned to University Terrace I)
• There will be limited (if any) dining options available during Maymester.
• Students must be out of their Maymester assignment by 9am on May 27th.
• First day of class is May 9th
• Late Registration runs through May 10th
• Cancellation for non-payment is May 10th
• Classes meet Monday through Friday for 2hrs 45minutes or Monday through Thursday for 3hrs 25mins. Please check your schedule and be prepared for a rigorous 3 weeks.
• Students utilizing VA Benefits to pay tuition and fees need to send the request at least 30 days prior to the start of the semester.
• Contact Bill Gammon in the Registrar’s office for assistance.