Maymester Classes Begin May 8
Are you a current Armstrong student who would like to pick up a few extra credits before summer? Would you like to “get ahead” and make the most of your time after the Spring 2018 semester ends?
The Maymester term will offer a selection of undergraduate classes from May 8-25, 2018. Core classes and advanced courses are available in subjects including Biology, English, Chemistry, Economics, Astronomy and Psychology.
Maymester is designed for continuing students at the Armstrong campus of Georgia Southern University, particularly those working toward a certificate, an associate's degree or a bachelor's degree.
Check out the Maymester schedule and register now! If you have not yet been advised, please contact Armstrong’s Office of Academic Advising and Support at Advise.Me@armstrong.edu or 912.344.2570.
|CRN||Course Number||Course Title||Days and Times||Instructor|
|51550||ARTS 1010||DRAWING I||Monday - Thursday, 8am – 11:25am||Raymond Gaddy|
|51254||ASTR 1010||ASTRONOMY OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM||Monday - Friday, 2pm – 4:45pm||TBA|
|51259||BIOL 3030||EVOLUTION||Monday - Friday, 2pm – 4:45pm||Jay Hodgson|
|51597||BIOL 4970||SP. TOPICS: DESIGN & ANALYSIS OF BIOLOGICAL STUDIES||Monday - Friday, 11am – 1:45pm||Michele Guidone|
|51578||BIOL 4979||SP. TOPICS: ADVANCED MICROBIOLOGY||Monday - Friday, 9:30am – 12:15pm||Jennifer Brofft|
|51256||CHEM 4600||ADVANCED TOPICS IN INTERDISCIPLINARY CHEMISTRY||Monday - Friday, 8:05am – 10:50am||TBA|
|51267||ENGL 3700||INTRO TO COMMUNICATIONS||Monday - Friday, 2pm – 4:45pm||Lisa Dusenberry|
|51515||FILM 5010U||TOPICS IN FILM: GENDER & TV||Monday- Thursday, 12pm - 3:15 pm||Amanda Konkle|
|51599||HSCP 3750||TOPICS IN PUB. HEALTH: INNOVATIVE READINESS TRAINING||Saturday, 2pm – 4pm||Janet Buelow|
|51283||NURS 4213||INTRO FORENSIC NURSING & THE LAW||Monday- Friday, 12pm - 3:25 pm||Michelle Hendley|
|51268||PHIL 2010||INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY||Monday - Thursday, 12pm - 3:25pm||Julie Swanstrom|
|51258||PSYC 3100||PSYCHOLOGY OF HUMAN SEXUALITY||Monday - Friday, 11am – 1:45pm||Nancy McCarley|
|51600||PUBH 7600||SP TOPICS IN PUB. HEALTH: INNOVATIVE READINESS TRAIN||Saturday, 2pm – 4pm||Janet Buelow|
|51255||SCIE 1000||INTRO SCIENTIFIC INQUIRY||Monday - Friday, 9:05am – 11:50am||TBA|
What is the Maymester schedule for May 2018?
Maymester classes begin on Tuesday, May 8, 2018 and run through Friday, May 25, 2018. Midterms will be administered on Wednesday, May 16. Final exams will take place on Friday, May 25. The Maymester term will end before the Memorial Day holiday weekend.
Is housing available on campus for Maymester?
Yes. Please contact Armstrong’s Housing and Residence Life Office at 912.344.2940 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to sign up for Maymester housing on campus.
What about dining services?
The Pirate Pantry will be open, and the university food truck will be available for lunch during the Maymester session. The Galley will be closed.
Can I use my financial aid for Maymester?
All Maymester tuition and fees must be paid prior to the start of classes on May 8, 2018. Please contact the Financial Aid office at 912.344.3266 or email@example.com to discuss eligibility.
Advice on Maymester Form:
• Recommends taking only one course during Maymester
• Please see your advisor to discuss if a Maymester course is right for you
• Payment deadline is May 9
• It is $884 for 1 course (tuition & fees)
• Most fees are cut in half for courses less than 5 weeks
• Financial Aid is not available before the Maymester payment deadline (May 9).
• If you are eligible, you may be reimbursed financial aid funds later in the Summer term.
• To be eligible for a student loan, you must be enrolled at least half-time (6 hours for undergraduate students).
• Students enrolled in Maymester are eligible to reside in their current on-campus space (unless assigned to University Terrace I)
• There will be limited (if any) dining options available during Maymester.
• Students must be out of their Maymester assignment by 9am on May 26.
• First day of class is May 8
• Late Registration runs through May 9
• Cancellation for non-payment is May 9
• Classes meet Monday through Friday for 2hrs 45minutes or Monday through Thursday for 3hrs 25mins. Please check your schedule and be prepared for a rigorous 3 weeks.
• Students utilizing VA Benefits to pay tuition and fees need to send the request at least 30 days prior to the start of the semester.
• Contact Bill Gammon in the Registrar’s office for assistance.