Information Technology Services
Armstrong eClassroom Frequently Asked Questions for Students
What is Armstrong eClassroom?
Armstrong eClassroom is the Learning Management System (LMS) used at the university.
Is there training for students on how to use Armstrong eClassroom?
Yes, IT Services offers training opportunties at the beginning of each semester. Training Schedule
A Self-paced tutorial is available through Armstrong eClassroom titled "Armstrong Student Tutorial". If you do not see this course in your listing, please send a message to Helpdesk@armstrong.edu to have this added to your account.
IT Services offers Open Sessions or Mobile Helpdesk Unit at the beginning of each semester for students. These sessions are offered face to face or in the Online Sessions for assistance with using any of the tools or to have questions answered about D2L. View the Training Calendar for schedule for each semester.
When will I be able to access registered classes in Armstrong eClassroom?
If you have registered for that course in SHIP, you should have access to your course(s) within 15 minutes. If that time has passed and you still do not have access to your course(s), please contact the Helpdesk at 912.344.2518.
What are the preferred browsers for Armstrong eClassroom?
Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari are preferred browsers. Internet Explorer may not work with third party applications.
- Mac Users: Intel-based Macs are supported. If you are using Safari, you should disable its pop-up blocker. To disable the pop-up blocker, click Safari in the menu bar and uncheck Block Pop-Up Windows. Failing to disable the pop-up blocker may prevent you from completing some tasks, such as compose discussion board messages.
- System Check
Are there additional training resources for Armstrong eClassroom?
- Top 10 Tips for Success with Armstrong eClassroom
- Technical Requirements for Student Computers
- Student Technology Checklist
- Collaborate Resources
- Respondus Lockdown Browser - Student Quick Start Guide
What third party applications are available in Armstrong eClassroom?
The following third party applications are integrated into Armstrong eClassroom and will not require additional authentication or links to access.
- Films on Demand - Coming Soon
- LiveText (College of Education only)
- Pearson (Mastering Labs)
- Respondus LockDown Browser
How do I get support for Armstrong eClassroom?
IT Services Helpdesk and D2L Help Center are available to support faculty and students.
IT Services Helpdesk
Tech Center - http://techcenter.armstrong.edu
Use Port username and password information to access.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday - 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The IT Services Helpdesk is closed during all observed University holidays.
D2L Help Center: http://D2Lhelp.view.usg.edu
This D2L Help Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.