University Posting and Promotion Policy
Academic Buildings and Main Campus
- Only advertisements for Armstrong sponsored events are permitted for posting. Non-Armstrong event sponsors are encouraged to advertise in the Inkwell, (344-3252).
- Use only masking tape to hang flyers and posters. No scotch tape, double-sided tape or any other adhesive should be used.
- Do not post on glass or painted surfaces. Notices posted on these surfaces will be removed.
- Use only push-pins or thumbtacks (no staples or tape) to post on bulletin boards.
- Use only bulletin boards designated for campus notices. Do not post items on departmental bulletin boards.
- Materials should be taken down immediately after the advertised event has occurred. If the responsible party does not remove outdated materials, posting rights may be revoked.
- Flyers/notices can be distributed directly to others by hand but cannot be placed on vehicles in any manner. This includes Residence Hall parking lots.
- Organizations and departments are encouraged to use the campus newspaper (344-3252), and the What's going on, Armstrong! email newsletter from Student Life (344-2504) to advertise.
- Chalk may only be used on uncovered concrete surfaces. Do NOT use chalk on slate surfaces (i.e. steps of MCC, fountain, UH Plaza) or the covered stage in Shearouse Plaza.
- Outdoor banners, displays, lawn signs, posters, flyers or other notices must be approved by the Grounds Superintendent (344-2545) before posting.
- Flyers are not permitted on benches, light poles, building signs, or trees.
Only University Housing staff are permitted to post flyers:
- Any postings in Armstrong residential areas must be approved by Armstrong Housing with a stamp of approval on the master copy before duplicating.
- After making copies of the stamped flyer, return them to University Housing to be posted.
Questions can be directed to the Office of Student Life in MCC 201, 912-344-2504, or Student.Life@Armstrong.edu.