Science & Technology Expansion Program
STEP Student Employment Orientation
Items you must bring to Orientation on June 18, 2012
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Driver's License or State ID card
- Social Security Card
- Health Insurance Card
- Work Permit- if you are under 18 as of June 17, 2013. You may obtain this from your school or online (must be signed by the school). DO NOT wait until the last minute. Most schools run on a shortened schedule in the summer and someone may not be around to sign the forms at the last minute! The permit must indicate that you can work 40 hours per week. It must be a new form, not one you used for a different job.
Copies of forms you and your parents are required to sign. If you are under 18 on June 17, 2013 your parents must sign these forms. If you are 18 or over on June 17, 2013 it is recommended that your parents sign these forms, but it is not required. The forms you need to bring are as follows: (Note- if your parent or guardian needs to sign these, please bring them to orientation already signed or have your parent or guardian attend the orientation session from 9 a.m. to noon):
- STEP Scholar Responsibilities and Expectations (PDF): under 18 as of June 17, 2013: a parent or guardian must sign
- Safety Policies for Research Laboratories (PDF): under 18 as of June 17, 2013: a parent or guardian must sign
- Liability Waiver (PDF): under 18 as of June 17, 2013: a parent or guardian must sign.
- Student Employee Orientation Forms (PDFs) (we help with these during orientation; however, you may need to ask your parents for your direct deposit banking information and for your emergency contact information and they may be better suited to help you with the forms):
- New Employee Orientation (PLEASE DO THIS Ahead of time!)