Lancy C. Jen Scholarship
The Lancy C. Jen Scholarship for continuing college students: Awarded to a student whose class standing is at least of sophomore level, is a mathematics major and who has a good collegiate academic record in mathematics.
Lancy C. Jen was a native of Shanghai, China, and was active in the Savannah community from 1973 until her death in 2000. She taught mathematics in several local educational institutions, and had an interest in encouraging talented students to continue and prosper in their study of mathematics. She had special concern for international students pursuing studies in the United States. This scholarship was established in 1997, and is in honor of her father, Pei Ling Chan.
The scholarship is awarded annually to a student who best meets the following criteria.
- Has a good collegiate scholastic record.
- Has good academic potential in mathematics.
- Is a full-time student at Armstrong and majoring in Mathematics.
- Has a class standing at least of sophomore level.
- Is an international student.
- Is a financially needy student.