Mathematics Main Menu
Jesse Shearouse Scholarships
The Shearouse Scholarship for entering freshman: Awarded to a freshman with an excellent high school academic record and who plans to major in mathematics. Each year the Department of Mathematics awards scholarships to students who plan to attend Armstrong Atlantic State University and intend to major in mathematics. These scholarships include two levels of support:
Honor Scholarship: A one-year scholarship totaling $2600 given in installments of $1300 per semester. This award covers campus housing costs for one year.
Star Scholarship: A four-year scholarship totaling $2800 given in installments of $350 per semester.
Scholarships will be awarded annually to entering freshmen students who best meet the following criteria.
- Have a good scholastic high school record.
- Have good academic potential in mathematics.
- Will be a full-time student at AASU and majoring in Mathematics.
- Have a class standing in the top 10% of their class.
- Have a combined SAT score of at least 1200.