About Student Clubs
The Department of Chemistry and Physics supports student groups in both the chemistry and the physics program. In chemistry, the Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society (SAACS) is the undergraduate wing of the American Chemical Society (ACS). The SAACS are recognized by the Society and members participate in a wide range of programs and activities that enhance their college experience and prepare them for successful careers in the chemical or related sciences. The Physics Club is open to anyone interested in physics and is connected to the American Physical Society.
Benefits of Becoming a Member of our Student Groups
- Recognition—Gain the professional edge by becoming affiliated with the ACS and APS.
- Networking—Meet peers and network with academics and professionals.
- Discounts—Attend professional meetings to learn more about the discipline and opportunities.
- Leadership—Be involved in these societies and participate in a leadership role and meeting planning.
- Career Planning—Hone your skills through information about resumes, interviewing and career opportunities.