Chemistry faculty publish multiple articles
Dr. Cliff Padgett, chemistry, has published the following paper in the series Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing:
1. Padgett, C.; Saad, A. in Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, Volume 58 titled "Applications of Soft Computing, From Theory to Praxis", "Genetic Algorithms in Chemistry: Success or Failure is in the Genes" 2009, 181-189.
Dr. Cliff Padgett, chemistry, has published the following paper in the Proceedings of the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers:
2. Padgett, C. "Multiscale Modeling of Metal—Metal Contact Dynamics Under High Electromagnetic Stress: Timescales and Mechanisms for Joule Melting of Al—Cu Asperities" IEEE, 2009, 45(1), 331 — 335.
Dr. Cliff Padgett, chemistry, has published the following paper in the Proceedings of the Materials Research Society:
3. Padgett, C. "Modeling the Effect of Varying Electrical Voltage on the Plastic Deformation of a Single Asperity in Hot-Switched RF MEMS Contacts, Material Research Society, Symposium Proceedings, 2009, vol. 1137-EE10-15.
Dr. Shields, CST and chemistry has published the following paper in Future Medicinal Chemistry:
4. Shields, G. "Computational Approaches for the Designe of Peptides with Anti-Breast Cancer Properties" Future Medicinal Chemistry, 2009, 1(1), 201-212.
Dr. Richard Wallace, chemistry, has published the following paper in the Nordic Journal of Botany:
5. Wallace, R. Musa Georgiana, a new intersectional hybrid banana with edible banana breeding relevance and ornamental potential, Nordic Journal of Botany, 2009, 27, 182-185.
Dr. Cliff Padgett, chemistry, and Kristina Gutt, undergraduate, have published the following paper in the journal Computational Materials Science:
7. Padgett, C.; Gutt, K., Whitesides, T. "Computational Studies on the Mechanical Properties of Diamond Nanotoroids", Computational Materials Science, 2009, 46 (2), 491-494.
Dr. Eric Werner, chemistry, has published the following paper in the journal Inorganic Chemistry:
8. Werner, E. J.; Kozhukh, J.; Botta, M.; Moore, E. G.; Avendano, S.; Aime, S.; Raymond, K. N. "1,2-Hydroxypyridonate/Terephthalamide Complexes of Gadolinium(III): Synthesis, Stability, Relaxivity and Water Exchange Properties" Inorg. Chem., 2009, 48 (1), pp 277—286.
Dr. Brian Shinall, part time instructor in chemistry, has published the following paper in the journal Chemistry of Materials:
9. Shinall, B.; Yavuz, C.T.; , Markedly Improved CO2 Capture Efficiency and Stability of Gallium Substituted Hydrotalcites at Elevated Temperatures, Chem. Mater., 2009, 21 (15), pp 3473—3475.
Dr. Cliff Padgett has published the following paper in Modeling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering:
10. Irving, D.L.; Padgett, C.W.; Brenner, D.W. "Coupled Molecular Dynamics/Continuum Simulations of Joule Heating and Melting of Isolated Copper-Aluminum Asperity Contacts" Modeling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, 17, 2009, doi: 10.1088/0965-0393.