Biology Main Menu
Dr. Traci Ness
Director of the STEP Program
- BIOL 1107 - Principles of Biology I
- BIOL 2275 - Microorganisms and Disease
- BIOL 3520 - Medical Microbiology
- BIOL 4400 - Virology
- BIOL 4650 - Immunology
- BIOL 4801 - Senior Seminar in General Biology
- BIOL 4803 - Senior Seminar in Cell/Molecular Biology
- BIOL 4910 - Research
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow - University of Michigan, 2001-2006.
- Ph.D. - Molecular Genetics and Microbiology - University of Florida, 2001
- B.S. - Marine Science, Minor Chemistry - Eckerd College, 1995
- Adjunct Instructor - Jackson Community College, 2005-2006
- Innate immunology including cytokines and their receptors, toll-like receptors (TLRs) and other pattern recognition receptors, and macrophage phagocytosis and killing.
- Bacterial and viral pathogenesis, mechanisms of immune evasion by pathogens, and macrophage responses to pathogens.